Client FAQ and Common Solutions

Important!

Try to find your issue in the list below. If none of them describe your issue, you may create a topic in #redm-client-support.

Don’t forget to fill out the template to the best of your ability! Failure to fill it out will make it more difficult to help you.

General F.A.Q.

Where can I find RedM installed?

Usually RedM is located in %localappdata%\RedM. Either enter this path in your Windows Explorer or follow instructions below. If you ran RedM.exe in an empty folder, it will be installed there. To uninstall RedM you would delete this folder or uninstall via your Settings->Apps.

1. Press Windows+R on your keyboard
  2. Type %localappdata%\RedM in the dialog that opens
  3. Press Enter

Common Issues

My world/graphics is flickering

This is a known issue and we are investigating the cause of this. At this moment there is no solution and this will have to be fixed in a future RedM update.

Could not find game executable

Please locate your RedM Application Data folder and edit your CitizenFx.ini. Make sure PATH= is pointing to the right system path where RDR2.exe is located.

See here for the same issue on FiveM

Failed to launch through MTL

We are trying to identify the cause of this issue. If you encounter such issue please try providing us with the information asked in the following topic - Cfx.re Failed to launch through MTL. Please do not share hacky workarounds, they don’t help solving the real problem. We will keep you updated once we found a solution.

Crash - mono-2.0-sgen.dll

This crash usually happen when users incorrectly exit after getting the “Failed to launch through MTL” issue. As such, at this time there is no 100% solution. Please follow instructions in the “Failed to launch through MTL” issue (above).

My screen is a solid color (commonly black)

This is an issue with your computer/laptop that is using two graphics cards. Usually a built-in one and a discrete GPU. Please read the following solution: [Solution] Forcing FiveM/RedM to use your discrete GPU | Infinite Loading Fix

Is your issue not listed? Create a topic in #redm-client-support and fill out the template.

10 Likes