RedM crashes regularly

Before you begin, please read the Client FAQ and Common Questions topic.

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 Online?
Up to date
Legit copy?
Steam
Windows version
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? YES
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
W11, RTX 2070 S, 32 GB RAM, SSD.

What did you do to get this issue? Nothing specific, it’s seems to be random.
What server did you get this issue on? RedWest RP
Attaching dump files after crash.

Also add what you already tried so far.
Always clean boot
Changing graphics to DirectX.
Clearing caches.
Pausing ESET.

CfxCrashDump_2022_04_21_17_33_23.zip (2.2 MB)

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

[Window Title]
Error RDR2_b1436.exe!___exception (0x7)

[Main Instruction]
RAGE error: ERR_GFX_STATE

[Content]
A game error (at 00000001425eee04) caused the game to stop working.

Game error. Please reboot and restart the game.

[^] Hide details [Save information] [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Report ID: … [uploading]
You can press Ctrl-C to copy this message and paste it elsewhere.

hello i keep getting this error message and random crashed every 10 mins

Make your own topic and fill out the support template… the whole template dont remove things from it like the OP did.

Hi, u need go to this rute in ur archives:

DISK\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\CitizenFX\rdr3_settings

And delete the archives in there, after u open redm and the archives will be created.

sorry for me english i am from Spain

Un saludo compa

1 Like

Mate, thank you sooooooooo much!
I just got my new 3080Ti Vision OC and RedM kept crashing. I was reading online that RDR2 does not like OverClocked cards and I already started to regret buying this card as I am mostly interested in developing on CFX. But deleting the rdr3_settings files fixed the state error crash for me. I can login to the server again :slight_smile:

Edit: Hmmm couple minutes in the server and it starts happening again. At least got into the server, it crashed when i tried to get into the graphic settings. Wonder what is causing it.

Edit: Okey I have solved the problem by setting my display resolution to the desired resolution I wanted, then logged in to the server and made it borderless on the resolution 1600x900. Then I simply set the display resolution back to 2560x1080 and the game does not crash anymore.

Also it seems that RDR2 has huge problems with overclocked cards, even those that come pre-OC from the manufacturing as the clock speed and voltages keep changing wildly. You can fix this by using MSI Afterburner and under-volting your card. This will stabilize the clock speed and it prevents the game from crashing also.

Edit: I also found out that having Oculus Rift sensors connected to the PC will constantly try to enable them, then disable them making the game buggy. Maybe a good thing to know if you might have them also hooked up constantly.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.