RedM crashing after reaching “update the local game data” prompt

Before you begin, please read the Client FAQ and Common Questions topic.

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version? rdr2 online
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? steam
Windows version? 11
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? yes
Error screenshot (if any) n/a
System specifications 1660 super
What did you do to get this issue? restarted pc
What server did you get this issue on? n/a
Latest CitizenFX_log file n/a
.dmp files/report IDs n/a

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot
RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to RedM folder
RedM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? yes
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? yes

Also add what you already tried so far. everything i can find on reddit, cfx, youtube, i looked everyhwere for a issue and it still wont launch

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Fill out the support template.

Hey, I have the same from 3 days ago. No solution found for the moment. lot of RedM’s player hace it too. Check on their discord server =).

I also have the same issue and all i did was re install RedM. still no fix. I hope the developers can fix the problem there isnt much info on it other then it just closes…there is no crash report for it.

Same here, i tried to install it from steam and rockstar for the game, did not change anything. Whenever there is redm installing it stop at cache data and thats it. Strangely my friend did the same process and it worked but she is in america and im in europe so i don’t know if it comes from there.

Without any info it’s kind of hard to fix anything. We can’t actually reproduce it on any system we control and without access to a machine it fails on it’s as such really hard to investigate. :confused:

The issue has been deduced to a bug in an update to the go-ipfs library that we use for the game storage download: ERROR p2pnode libp2p/rcmgr_defaults.go:107 ===> OOF! go-libp2p changed DefaultServiceLimits · Issue #8987 · ipfs/go-ipfs · GitHub

As a workaround, try freeing up more physical memory, as it seems this bug only occurs on low-memory systems. :confused:

We’ll look into a proper fix early next week (Monday/Tuesday), probably involving manually applying their fix as they seem to not have added it to a stable release yet.

These are the only crash reports I got and I couldn’t find anything to fix with them

any info on this ?

What ‘info’ are you still hoping to get? The issue was fixed in production 5 hours before your post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.