Game Cache Update / Router Keeps Resetting Itself

Before you begin, please read the Client FAQ and Common Questions topic.

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version?
**Up to date?**Yes
**Legit or Pirate copy?**Legit
**Steam/Epic Games/Social Club?**Steam
**Windows version?**10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)
System specifications
**What did you do to get this issue?**Update game cache
What server did you get this issue on?
Latest CitizenFX_log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot
RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to RedM folder
RedM client folder screenshot
**Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?**yes
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin?

Also add what you already tried so far.

I’ve reset my router, my computer, and deleted RedM altogether. It’s not a WiFi problem because I downloaded RDR2 right before and that’s a much bigger download…

It starts to download, and will download about 20mb before rebooting my router, doesn’t make sense

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

My internet drops when updating game cache. I don’t get it lol

@DrPelisse @spacedave - I doubt your router resetting itself is a RedM problem, you might need to get in touch with your ISP, check your connection speeds and(or) update your firmware.

There are also a few topics already created for this problem just search your problem in the forums and you might come across a solution that works for you.

Hi,
I have the same problem. I get to the part of updating the game cache and it randomly breaks, then I need to reboot my router.

PLS fix this :slight_smile:

I’m afraid that I, too, am having this issue. I tried updating the cache like a month ago, and both times I tried, it killed my internet (not sure if it was limited duration, I got upset at it and restarted the modem to get internet back).
I have just attempted to update cache for RedM again now, and got exactly the same problem.

Now, I realise this is not a widespread problem. And I realise whatever the issue is might take a while to figure out because it IS so rare.
What steps can I take to try to figure out what is causing this exactly?
And note, for me this is specifically related to updating the RedM cache, nothing whatsoever to do with FiveM (that runs perfectly lol).

I appreciate any assistance on this. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what was causing the issue or how It was fixed I just know I stopped trying for the night because it was crashing the WiFi in my house and the next morning it worked fine after I completely uninstalled it and tried again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.