Redm issue with install stuck on checking update.rpf

Before you begin, please read the Client FAQ and Common Questions topic.

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version?
Up to date? yes
Legit or Pirate copy? legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? stean
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? no
Error screenshot (if any) no
System specifications
What did you do to get this issue? nothing
What server did you get this issue on?
Latest CitizenFX_log file
.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot
RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot
Filepath to RedM folder
RedM client folder screenshot
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin?

Also add what you already tried so far.

3 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

same things happening to me.

Same error… Is this because the update on RDR2?

Probably.

Same issue with my original installation of RedM. Decided to try re-installing from a fresh slate and have the same result.

As a temp solution you guys can rename update.rpf in your Red Dead Redemption 2 installation folder until it’s fixed. after you download RedM’s update.rpf, rename it back

4 Likes

I did that, but I got another error at the end of the downloading…

[ 0] [ RedM] MainThrd/ — BEGIN LOGGING AT Wed Dec 2 08:36:30 2020 —
[ 1690375] [ RedM] MainThrd/ CitizenFX Steam child starting - command line: “E:\RedM\RedM.exe”
[ 1690375] [ RedM] MainThrd/ hello from “E:\RedM\RedM.exe”
[ 1690625] [ RedM] MainThrd/ Got ros:steam process - pid 2788
[ 1690734] [ ROSLauncher] MainThrd/ hello from “E:\RedM\RedM.app\cache\subprocess\RedM_ROSLauncher” ros:steam --parent_pid=13428 “C:\program files\rockstar games\launcher\launcher.exe”
[ 1694859] [ DumpServer] 9880/ Process crash captured. Crash dialog content:
[ 1694859] [ DumpServer] 9880/ Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!DirectUI::DesktopWindowXamlSource::Close (0x191)
[ 1694859] [ DumpServer] 9880/ An error at Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!DirectUI::DesktopWindowXamlSource::Close (0x191) caused RedM to stop working. A crash report is being uploaded to the RedM developers.
[ 1694875] [ DumpServer] 9880/ Stack trace:
[ 1694875] [ DumpServer] 9880/ Windows.UI.Xaml.dll!DirectUI::DesktopWindowXamlSource::Close (0x191) (desktopwindowxamlsource_partial.cpp:434)
[ 1694875] [ DumpServer] 9880/ RedM.exe+8517519
[ 1694875] [ DumpServer] 9880/ RedM.exe+84D580E
[ 1694875] [ DumpServer] 9880/ RedM.exe+84CC4C1
[ 1694891] [ DumpServer] 9880/ RedM.exe+8605774
[ 1694891] [ DumpServer] 9880/ KERNEL32.DLL!BaseThreadInitThunk (0x13)
[ 1694891] [ DumpServer] 9880/ ntdll.dll!RtlUserThreadStart (0x20)
[ 1694891] [ DumpServer] 9880/

I managed. Just ignored the error and at the next start of RedM it worked.

1 Like

Kind of ticked that mines not working either.

How do we do that when it doesn’t install the file?

Do u have the Red dead online or the RDR2

Having this issue as well :confused: Does it have anything to do with me only having RDO and not the full game?

That’s what I’m wondering,

Alright so I got mine working finally. Download RedM, and select the correct install pathway (RDR2 main directory). (If already installed there is no need to reinstall, just keep reading) Once you reach the problem (checking update.rpf), close out of the RedM application. If you get the “RedM needs to update the game cache” popup, ignore this for now. Now go into your RDR2 main directory, and find your update.rpf. Rename the file (i.e. renamedupdate.rpf). Now open the RedM application. You should now get the message that game cache needs to be updated. Do this. (May take a few minutes and maybe a little longer if on a HDD) Once this is done, you’ll probably get an issue that crashes RedM before it even launches. Now go back to your game main directory, and change your renamed update.rpf folder back to original. If you try to launch RedM, and get the error “Rockstar Games Launcher must be running to launch RedM”, keep reading. Launch the Rockstar Games Launcher before running RedM (on the launcher, make SURE you are signed into the same Rockstar account that you use to play Red Dead) With the launcher open and on the Red Dead Redemption 2 section of the launcher, go ahead and start up RedM. It SHOULD load up properly now. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

7 Likes
  1. Go to your RDR2 folder and find update.rpf - rename it whatever you want.

2. Run RedM installer and it should work.

3. After an installation DO NOT open RedM client yet and go back to your “update.rpf” and rename it back to its original name.

4. It’s all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you manage to connect to a server though? I am having the issue of stucking on the loading screen.

1 Like

guys all ways when i open redm it gets me Checking update.rpf

When you want to play RedM just change the update.rpf to somthing else (I name my one UP.rpf so I know what it is when I wish to play Red Dead online).

how do i find the update.rpf? is that in the app data?