RAGE error: 0x840C4442:762

Before you begin, please read the Client FAQ and Common Questions topic.

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version? Full game. Singleplayer and online.
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legit
Steam/Epic Games/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? 10
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? It doesn’t exist, I did delete content.xml and try again though.
Error screenshot (if any) Screenshot - f0bc6e981b70728c823f32acb3d886fb - Gyazo
System specifications AMD 2600X and RTX 2060
What did you do to get this issue? I suspect the issue may have arisen because I installed it in a directory other than C but not sure. Both the base game and RedM are in the same directory, just not in AppData.
What server did you get this issue on? Can’t even log onto a server.
Latest CitizenFX_log file The problem seems to arise around this time.

[ 8656] [ ROSLauncher] 1876/
[ 8656] [ ROSLauncher] 13552/ LoginHandler2::HandleValidateRequest::<lambda_f4349d70fc2267f1e7628a7c62800b64>::operator (): Performed request.
[ 10797] [ GTAProcess] CrBrowserMain/ OnConnectionProgress: Requesting server variables…
[ 12297] [ GTAProcess] MainThrd/ NullInitializeGraphics
[ 12328] [ GTAProcess] MainThrd/ ^2Opening \.\pipe\RDR2Launcher_Pipe, waiting for launcher to load…
[ 12328] [ GTAProcess] MainThrd/ ^2Launcher gave all-clear - waiting for pipe.
[ 12328] [ GTAProcess] MainThrd/ ^2Launcher is fine, continuing to initialize!
[ 12422] [ GTAProcess] MainThrd/ Error: RAGE error: 0x840C4442:762
[ 13125] [ DumpServer] 17432/ Process crash captured. Crash dialog content:
[ 13125] [ DumpServer] 17432/ RedM has encountered an error
[ 13125] [ DumpServer] 17432/ RAGE error: 0x840C4442:762

.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot Screenshot - 95f48ac626985ae40a720e01520cfb90 - Gyazo
RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot Screenshot - 562ca563dcc35c56fbd0f6a15c2f8ad2 - Gyazo
Filepath to RedM folder It’s not in AppData/Local but neither is the base RDR2 game.
RedM client folder screenshot Screenshot - 8263221d09efb67517ee06c3279866ea - Gyazo Note I am currently reinstalling the applications.app folder as of typing this.
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Not completely disabled but I gave exceptions to both the RedM executable and the folder containing the executable.
Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin? Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.
I’ve checked the forums, giving antivirus permissions to the exe and folder and deleted content_index.xml, launching with/without steam/rockstar launcher. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting the specific file from the screenshot and verifying rdr2 game files but nothing works. I’m stumped. Since it’s one of the common recommendations on the forum the cache.xml file does not exist in my RedM applications files so I can’t delete it. I have also tried deleting the entire applications folder but that also doesn’t work.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Since you claimed to ‘have solved the issue’, can you say what you did to solve it?

It ended up being a really simple fix, I feel quite silly for not realizing it sooner. All I had to do was launch Red Dead Redemption 2 and allow it to run through the first time setup. Worked fine after that. I appreciate all of the work you guys do and I’m looking forward to using RedM.

I had this as well but im using the RDonline version of the game. but opening it up did nothing to make this error go away.

Same for me.
Looks like RedM doesn’ work with RDO. RDR 2 History Mode requested…

1 Like

No, RDO works perfectly with RedM. Remove any singleplayer mods. Verify game files.

2 Likes

Man, my installation is a brand new one, I have no Mods, I don’t see how the game files could have any problem…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.