Stuck during server Load, never start the INIT_BEFORE_MAP_LOADED init function

Before you begin, please read the Client FAQ and Common Questions topic.

If you did not find a solution, fill out the following template and remove this top text.

RDR2 version?
V1491.17

Up to date?
Yes

Legit or Pirate copy?
Legit

Steam/Epic Games/Social Club?
Steam

Windows version?
Windows 11 Version 22H2

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
Yes

Error screenshot (if any)
No Errors Triggered

System specifications
Motherboard: MSI Z690-A
Processor: Intel Core I7 12700K
RAM: 32 GB DDR5 5600 MHZ
Graphic Card: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
System/RedM/RDR2 SSD: Samsung 980 Pro

What did you do to get this issue?
Installed RedM, Launching a local server and trying to connect to it.

What server did you get this issue on?
Local Server (localhost) adn every online servers.

Latest CitizenFX_log file
CitizenFX_log_2023-02-16T131343.log (89.2 KB)

.dmp files/report IDs

If an issue with starting:
RDR2 folder screenshot

RDR2/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to RedM folder

C:\Users\Romain\AppData\Local\RedM

RedM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?
Yes, alosi tried disabling firewall

Did you start Rockstar Games Launcher not as admin?
Yes

Also add what you already tried so far.

• Uninstalling / Reinstalling RedM Client
  • Changing client version to Beta / Latest
  • Uninstalling / Reinstalling RDR2
  • Disabling Antivirus (Avast)
  • Disabling Firewall
  • Deleting cache (data/cache, data/server-cache, data/server-cache-priv)
  • Adding custom flags in exec file properties to force version check
  • Bruteforcing connexion as fast as I can to see if there is any race condition
  • Trying connexion more than 30 times without succeeding
  • Restart PC
  • Removing all installation of RedM that was on my other drives
  • Moving RDR2 to the same drive as RedM

A little more context
I’m a RedM script developer, I worked a alot of script from simple HUD to complete society or inventory systems.

The issues started to appear when I upgraded my setup. I had to reinstall windows 10 at this time.
From then, when I connect to a server, I’m stuck.

Usually, during connexion, I go through the following processes (simplified):

• INIT_CORE
  • INIT_BEFORE_MAP_LOADED
  • INIT_SESSION
  • connected

In my case, the second process ( INIT_BEFORE_MAP_LOADED) doesn’t event start, and the loading screen run forever.
I don’t know what could cause this, but it completely stop my ability to work and dev.

I sometime spend more than an hour trying to connect, it’s very annoying.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Ok so Imanaged to connect to my server two times yesterday and today, but evrty try was with a different process.

Yesterday:

• I deleted a Folder called DigitalEntitlements in the %appdatalocal% folder. No clue why it worked, but it worked.

Today:
Tried the same thing as yesterday, but it didn’t works, so I took my usual “connexion process” list and started to try every steps I had tried until then.

Luckily, Deleting the cache worked for me.
After deleting the cache (data/cache, data/server-cache, data/server-cache-priv), I started RedM and waited for the INIT_BEFORE_MAP_LOADED to appaear and complete in the F8 console.

Again, I don’t know why, but this time it worked. Sometimes even with cleared cache, RedM stop at INIT_CORE in the menu.

I’m gonna see if I catch a more precise behavior to better understand what is happening.

This may be my last reply on this post. I hope my observations and personal solutions will other people with the same issue.

I managed to get a “stable” processus to be able to connect to any server without having to sturgle for an hour.
Here are the steps:

1. In %localappdata%\RedM\RedM.app\data, Delete the 3 fodlers called cache, server-cache and server-cache-priv
  2. In In %localappdata%, Delete the folder called DigitalEntitlements
  3. Close Steam/Rockstar/Epic

Now you need to only start the launcher that you need to start RDR2 (for me it’s Steam)

Once the launcher started, Start RedM.

When RedM start, immediatly open the console by pressing F8
You want to pay close attention to the initial Loading. If the Loading stop at INIT_CORE, then it’s game over, type quit in the console and reopen RedM.

Open RedM and close it when you get stuck until you see some INIT_BEFORE_MAP_LOADED appearing.
Once done you should be able to connect top any server.

For me it appear after 2 or 3 restart.

I hope a futur version of RedM will fix this type of issue, but for now this is the best I found to get through this issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.