Note this post was written in 2018, many of the items here are woefully outdated. Take the topic’s age into account! Element Club tiers or manual access are only required for using slot counts over 32, in general enabling OneSync is always suggested as it enables server-side scripting and other significant functionality/bug fixes.
At FiveM, we are concerned with your safety every day. Therefore, we have decided to release a practically broken, crash-prone and early prototype of OneSync to our most valued community members, for use in testing, development of scripts, and helping out to weed out the final few s left over in the system.
We call it: the OneSync Early Access Program.
Mind you, this is pre-release software functionality, which is not representative of the final release, and any functionality may be altered, removed, incinerated, frozen or temporarily murdered at any point in time.
With that said, you might be wondering - how to get access, how to use it, and what the hell do you do?
An active server perk tier of one of the following types: Element Club Argentum/Aurum/Platinum Manually Granted Premium OneSync EAP
- The latest server build. For OneSync, server builds will have to be approximately in sync with the matching client build. There’s no checks on this for now, please be aware of this!
- Patience and tolerance for bugs.
The OneSync EAP group will be granted to development/testing servers only upon request and receipt of a valid use case other than ‘i have server gib 64 slots’ or similar. In addition, open source builds can be used for internal testing if you don’t want to wait to be accepted - see the building documentation and remove the check for the OneSync message from the client to try it.
We may revoke access to the OneSync EAP for any given user for any reason, including but not limited to complaining about known issues, slander (‘this sucks fivem crap’), and other reasons to be chosen at our discretion.
How do I use it?
- Make sure your server has the right license key type.
Run Windows. Linux servers may work, but there’s potential issues preventing players from seeing one another. This will be fixed at a future stage. Don’t ask for an ETA, you’ll risk losing access to the EAP. Linux is fixed now. Rejoice!~
- Launch the server with the added argument
+set onesync_enabled 1. This probably won’t work in the configuration file. People are claiming it will.
- Make sure
sv_maxclientsis over 32 if you want to use that many clients.
Use 63, not 64, 64 might be a very bad idea, or maybe that was hardcap.64 should work now. Finally, real 64 slots!
- Fix your scripts in case there’s any <31 loops to use <255 loops to iterate over players. Players go down from 63+1 now, so your script will be broken if left unchanged.
- Report any issues that aren’t listed in the ‘known issues’ set down below, or otherwise posted.
Bandwidth usage might be a little insane.Fixed!
- Population (AI traffic/peds) might have various glitches such as:
- Migration failing (unable to enter a ped car)
Peds being dragged along behind their vehicles.Mostly fixed for now.
Really weird desynchronization of traffic.Mostly fixed as well.
Crashes due to pool sizes.Doesn’t seem to occur remotely as often.
That is, it’s recommended to use a script to disable population.You can run population fine now! Yay! Pool sizes aren’t checked currently, don’t spawn too many entities by hand.
- Sticky bombs are unlikely to work properly.
Guns are currently broken - firing won’t be shown on other clients.Guns work!
Fires spread in weird patterns.Nope, they don’t anymore.
- Certain vehicle gadgets (hooks/magnets)
domay not work as expected.
Distance culling is a really lazy implementation, certain script calls might not operate properly.Distance culling has been improved but set-as-mission-entity is still ignored.
There’s no voice chat built-in. Mumble will be re-added at some future time. This is still the case, but we’re working hard on improving this!
- The GTAO built-in text chat won’t work. This is intentional, and it won’t return. Use the
chatresource like you should’ve done at all.
- Certain script calls from the NETWORK category that operate on the session won’t work or will not have expected results.
There’s a lot of unknown-cause crashes that may randomly occur due to memory corruption or other issues.A lot less crashes now, still sometimes clients crash. Please report it.
- The server might crash, please get
procdumpto get dump files to report these crashes if youre using Windows.
There’s a bigThe FiveM watermark on the top right adds
Timewindow which is to be replaced with a giant watermark saying ‘OneSync prerelease’ or so.
/OneSync-ALPHAwhen playing on OneSync servers.
- PlayerAppearanceDataNode may not sync sometimes, this is being investigated. Changing the player appearance again usually will resolve this.
- Most of the OneSync scripting API.