This tutorial is for people who host their own server and want to stream vehicles or models towards their players. Please note that this tutorial is written in the assumption you have already a basic server set-up and working. If not use the Support Forums for support on that.
- Open your main server folder, in this example the is path is C:\Server
- Navigate to C:\Server\resources
- In there you should see the following files;
Creating the stream folders
If you have the above sorted, you have confirmed you have a blank server. Now we need to add the stream path.
- Create another folder in \resources.
You could give it any name but for this example I will name it \assets
- In this folder you should add another folder called stream.
- Also you will need to add a __resource.lua file.
To create this file, just create a Wordpad file, rename it to __resource.lua it does not have to contain anything inside.
It should look like this:
Setting up streams
In the stream folder you can place the models you would like to stream.
- Inside C:\Server\resources\assets\stream create a folder wich has the same name as the model you want to stream.
For this example we will stream the ambulance model.
- So should now have this path: C:\Server\resources\assets\stream\ambulance
- Place the .yft and .ytd files in here.
- You will need to make a new folder in \stream for each vehicle or model you wish to replace.
Add the stream files to your server.cfg
start assets after the other
start <resource> entries
# you probably don't want to change these! # only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120" endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120" start mapmanager start chat start spawnmanager start sessionmanager start fivem start hardcap start ■■■■■■■ start scoreboard start playernames sv_scriptHookAllowed 1 # change this #rcon_password yay # a comma-separated list of tags for your server # for example: sets tags "drifting, cars, racing" or sets tags "roleplay, military, tanks" sets tags "default" sv_hostname "My new FXServer!" # nested configs! #exec server_internal.cfg # loading a server icon (96x96 PNG file) #load_server_icon myLogo.png # convars for use from script set temp_convar "hey world!" # disable announcing? clear out the master by uncommenting this #sv_master1 "" # want to only allow players authenticated with a third-party provider like Steam? #sv_authMaxVariance 1 #sv_authMinTrust 5 # add system admins add_ace group.admin command allow # allow all commands add_ace group.admin command.quit deny # but don't allow quit add_principal identifier.steam:110000112345678 group.admin # add the admin to the group # remove the # to hide player endpoints in external log output sv_endpointprivacy true # server slots limit (must be between 1 and 31) sv_maxclients 30 # license key for server (https://keymaster.fivem.net) sv_licenseKey changeme``` ##### Restart your server and enjoy!