[How-to] Stream vehicles/models from server to client

You probably made a mistake in your citserver

Iā€™m trying to load car mods. Beside regural mods how can i load and stream

GTAV>Mods>x64i>levels>gta5>vehiclemods>schwarzer_mods.rpf

and

Mods/update/x64/dlcpacks/patchday1ng/dlc.rpf/x64/levels/patchday1ng/vehiclemods/

tryed without luck. Anyone knows how to get it work serverside?

Iā€™ve done every step carefully, and every time I run the server it says it couldnā€™t find auto resource cars (my version of your assets) what am I doing wrong?

1 Like

@jwbjnwolf ok, I did create the .lua and I guess I didnā€™t have file extensions enabled. Can you take a screenshot of what Iā€™m supposed to do, no idea where Iā€™m supposed to do this.

@jwbjnwolf ā€œNot Found, You seem to have stumbled upon a page that doesnā€™t exist. Return to the home page.ā€ is it a post I can search the title of?

@jwbjnwolf this is how to get the server running, I donā€™t see anything about how to make the __resource.lua work xD

@jwbjnwolf I F***ing did itā€¦ 'MURICA

Hi,
I canā€™t find the Cache file anywhere on my FiveR Server. Can someone help please. Thanks in advance.

Nevermind, I installed a new server so it didnt appear

Need a little help with this method.

Last night we added a car mod (our first time adding a model to stream) and it worked for the most part. We were able to connect in game, spawn the vehicle and it looks like a tahoe etc. However we were not able to see each other on the map or in game when driving around. We would go to the same exact location but it was as if we were each in our own virtual world.

The even weirder part is when hitting ā€œTā€ and talking in chat we could all see and talk to each other. When going to online players in the enhanced reborn trainer it said network session not found or something like that as well.

I then removed the mod and cleared the cache, restarted the server and worked great for all of us without the car mod. We could see each other on the map and in game as normal.

Didnā€™t try other car mods yet, but does anyone know what causes this issue?

Thanks!!!

@Nick probably just a connection issue. One of you isnā€™t properly connected, try again later.

So im like 99% sure that i did this right. when i start up the server i get some errors about the streaming part.

Screenshot

You __resource.lua is wrong. Try to turn on hidden file extensions.

Youā€™ll have to excuse me as im still new to this whole Modding/scripting thing. I am running Windows 10, how exactly would I go about doing this

@PotHead4897 when your streaming the cars, dont have anything in the __resource.lua.
https://gyazo.com/e15b4e037e653cae2150751c7d7f9a29
Then
https://gyazo.com/230a8ce57f1733290b45075fe339efb9

So i made it an actual .lua file with absolutly nothing in it. same thing happens.

@PotHead4897 C:/ā€¦/assets/__resources.lua.
wooow.
you have to put the folder not the file.
C:/ā€¦/assets/stream(folder)
the __resourece.lua stays in hte assets folder.

@EPPS said in How to Stream Vehicles/Models [SERVERSIDED CARMODS]:

@PotHead4897 C:/ā€¦/assets/__resources.lua.
wooow.
you have to put the folder not the file.
C:/ā€¦/assets/stream(folder)
the __resourece.lua stays in hte assets folder.

You make no sense. My _resouce.lua is inside my assets folder. wooow.

put the __resourece.lua file into the assest folder along with making a stream folder where you place your yft and etc vehicle files.

Making the __resourece.lua can be empty do it with notepad ++

1 Like

It seems you only have one underscore in front of the __resource.lua file. There should be two.