[Release] DeathCam - Rotate the camera while you are dead

Well the title is pretty self-explanatory. It lets you orbit the camera around your character when you are dead. The game takes all control from you when you die, which I think as an absolute no-go of as a developer. NEVER take too much control from the player! :slight_smile:

Video Tutorial and Showcase:

Download:

How to use the DeathCam:

• Just use mouse (or controller) to rotate the camera as usual
  • in the config.lua you can change the maximum orbit radius of the cam

Planned features:

• None
  • Feel free to request additional changes

Check out my other scripts as well!

• CinematicCam - Lets you fly around the world with a lot of different camera functions.
  • AdvancedParking - Lets you park any vehicle anywhere and prevents despawns.
  • VehicleTransport - Adds much more dynamic to the attaching and detaching vehicles from transport vehicles
  • MarkerManager - Easy-To-Use Marker Creation and Management.

Installation Instructions:

• Put start DeathCam in your server.cfg. Loadorder is completely irrelevant for this script, as it doesn’t have any requirements.

Troubleshooting:

• clear server and client cache
  • Make sure, that there are no other scripts interfering (e.g. if you activate another camera from another mod, that may eventually break it)

Found a bug or have any ideas?
Let me know in this topic!

Do you want to edit and upload this script?
Feel free to, as long as you at least link to this thread and I am mentioned in the credits :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Ooooooh. I hope it works. I will install right now!

1 Like

Can you do something like that for the phone too? For example, when the character is dead, he manages to use the gcphone.
The other thing is to move the camera while someone is arrested.

1 Like

Can you do something like that for the phone too? For example, when the character is dead, he manages to use the gcphone.

No, sorry. But this is something the mod author of gcphone can do (like add a config option for example)

The other thing is to move the camera while someone is arrested.

Same goes for whatever script you are referring to.

This is entirely up to them. I won’t change anything from other scripts. This is something anyone can use on their server, no matter which other scripts are running :slight_smile:

I have already tried, it doesn’t work

1 Like

I put a video in the original post on how to install and use it ingame.

Maybe you forgot to change the folder name. (Github always comes with DeathCam-master as a folder name)

If that wasn’t your problem, try clearing server and client cache :slight_smile:

Euhm pretty easy if your using esx_ambulancejob.

There is a part where it has some lines to enable keys when dead.

But yea you have to enable almost every key if you want the player to type a message in the phone.

But my question is

How is a dead person supposed to use a phone?

But thats up to you.

Hope this will help you out.

Maybe gcphone is also disabling the phone when the player is dead but im not sure about that

thanksssss , i have resolve

Useless script, u can add into ambulancejob

EnableControlAction(0, 1)
EnableControlAction(0, 2)

And u can rotate your cam.

3 Likes

And there are actually people out there who would like to customize things to their liking. Which you definitely can not do with just those 2 lines.

I mean yea, I only have one “actual” config variable, but this can act as a base for other things.
Friends of mine used this code to fix some of their animations (the default camera glitches into the character with those).

Actually I tried it and it didn’t work :open_mouth: maybe forgot to remove some disable key

Simple and it works great. Thanks!

1 Like

awesome

1 Like