[Release] VehicleTracker - Track vehicles across the map!

VehicleTracker

What does it do exactly?

This resource provides you with the means to locate and track vehicles via blips on the map. This
is mainly meant as a complimentary resource for any sort of parking script, as vehicles that are
not in scope of any player simply cannot be tracked at all.

This is fully compatible with AdvancedParking out of the box but can also be changed to work with other parking scripts.
If you are using other parking scripts, I can help you with integrating it as well.

If you are not using a parking script and you are not spawning your vehicles on server side, the
blips will disappear when the player is too far away, as the vehicle might be unloaded by the
engine itself. This is why it is highly recommended to use e.g. AdvancedParking, as that script
will always return a position of a saved vehicle!

Showcase video: VehicleTracker Showcase - FiveM Resource - YouTube

Requirements

Features

• Serverside exports for tracking vehicles.
  • Menu for tracking owned vehicles (ESX/QB + NativeUI necessary). (configurable command
    and/or button and/or item)
  • Police can track any vehicle by plate (ESX/QB + NativeUI necessary).
  • Tracking blips are updated every 2.5 seconds or in realtime when the vehicle is nearby
    (configurable).
  • Script can be restarted any time (trackers have to be re-enabled when doing so).
  • Uses the Asset Escrow System (~90% accessible).

Performance

• Client Side: idle 0.00ms, tracking 3 vehicles: 0.01-0.04ms (depends on if they are updated client or serverside)
  • Server Side: idle 0.00ms, tracking 3 vehicles: 0.01-0.02ms (depends on if they are updated client or serverside)

Patchnotes

Can now be found on my Github page.

Where can I get this?

This script is currently purchasable for 7.50€ (without tax) at: https://kiminazes-script-gems.tebex.io/package/4597307

Code is accessible ~90% accessible
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 800
Requirements Check requirements above
Support Yes

Check out my other scripts as well!

• CinematicCam - Lets you fly around the world with a lot of different camera functions.
  • DeathCam - Lets you rotate the camera when you are dead.
  • AdvancedParking - Lets you park any vehicle anywhere and prevents despawns.
  • Advanced Vehicle Interaction - A new and easy way of interacting with vehicles.
  • VehicleTransport - Adds much more dynamic to the attaching and detaching vehicles from transport vehicles
  • MarkerManager - Easy-To-Use Marker Creation and Management.
4 Likes

Amazing greets Ryaan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Small update adding a button to open the menu and fixing a small error

Does this show player owned cars or all cars?

Normal players can only track their owned vehicles (ESX only though).

Export for tracking any vehicle is available on server side.

And it is currently planned to include tracking for any vehicle when the player is a police officer. This will come soon and feature an input window to manually enter the plate you are looking for.
(can be disabled if you do not want it and configured to balance it for your server)

This script now uses the Asset Escrow System, meaning you can download it from your keymaster website!
There is currently no encryption being used at all!

Really small update!
You can now configure an item that can be used to open the tracking menu!

New update adding my version checker and fixing a critical bug.

• Added version checker to the script. Shows new versions and patch notes in the server console.
  • Fixed an error inside the menu that prevented from deactivating the tracker.

Can police tracking be updated?

The police tracker is still planned and will come eventually, I am just really busy with other scripts/updates/projects at the moment.

In the meantime, you can already use the server side exports to do that if you wanted.
Tldr:

• Server event that takes a plate and sends it to the export
  • Police Menu option opens an input window for the plate and triggers the event

Update v2.0.0

• Added support for QBCore.
  • Added a small amount of encryption. (~100 lines)
  • Added an export for opening the menu.
  • Added more dynamic to the menu:
    • You can now activate and deactivate the tracker in the owned vehicles menu directly.
    • Submenus are loaded only when clicked and are now always up to date.
  • Reworked some parts of the code to make it more readable and performant. Most notably:
    • Separated a lot of functions into smaller functions.
    • Switched from vector2 to vector3 for the blips.
    • Switched from entity enumeration to GetGamePool function for getting vehicles on client side.
  • Missing from previous patch notes:
    • Police can now track any vehicle from the menu!
  • Fixed the transition between server and client side updating of the blips position. (first iteration was always server sided)

Hotfix v2.0.1

• Fixed an error when not using AdvancedParking with this script.

Update v2.1.0

• Fixed compatibility with newer ESX versions.
  • Updated folder structure.
  • Code cleanup.
  • Several performance improvements.
  • Added log file.
  • Updated version checker.

Problems… I can’t find my cars

Is the vehicles outside at that point? The tracker cannot find a vehicle that is not outside.

1 Like

The vehicle is outside, tested far from the vehicle and next to it, it doesn’t work for me :cry:

Then please check the first paragraph in the readme regarding support and we’ll figure it out :slight_smile: