Vehicle Registration - License plate changer with full history and police access

VehicleRegistration

What does it do exactly?

This resource provides you with the means to change your vehicles license plate and a full history of all prior changes (including the old plate, date of change and the vehicle owner at that point in time).

Provides several exports to display data in other scripts. E.g. police officers could check for a plates’ history.

Uses the Escrow Asset System with minimal encryption. All config values, functions and SQL-queries can still be edited, only core functionality - that should not be altered anyways - is encrypted.

Showcase video

Requirements

Features

• Change license plates from your owned vehicles.
  • Automatically checks, if license plate is not already in use.
  • Automatically checks, if license plate contains invalid characters.
  • Configurable costs to change the plates.
  • Blacklist if you want to exclude some terms being used.
  • Police can check for a plates history (command (/plateHistory) and export included).
  • Define multiple points on the map for changing your plate (including NPC or marker).
  • Display vehicle plate history for your own vehicles (old plate, date of change, character name of the player that changed it).
  • Everything is configurable.
  • Script can be restarted at any time.

Performance

• Client Side: 0.01-0.02ms
  • Server Side: 0.00ms

Where can I get this?

This script is currently purchasable for 7.50€ (without tax) at my Tebex Store.

What to do to ensure compatibility with other scripts?

Patchnotes

Can now be found on my Github page.

Check out my other scripts:

1 Like

fake plates a thing? with out tracking

Hmm… I have thought about fake plates before but decided against it for various reasons.

But I just got another idea how I could feature this in here as well.
Thanks for the suggestion! Might be an update after the holidays :slight_smile:

2 Likes

merry holidays!

1 Like

Fixed an error that happened on script startup when first trying out the script.
Also added a version checker that shows update messages when your version is out of date.

Fix 1.1.1 is out:

• Fixed an error in the menu that would show a number instead of the correct date.
1 Like

Fix 1.1.2 is out:

• Fixed an error in the menu that would show “NULL” instead of the vehicle / model name.

Fix 1.1.3 is out:

• Fixed an SQL error that could occur when starting the script for the first time.
1 Like

Update v1.2.0

• Added compatibility for the v3.x releases of AdvancedParking.

Update v1.2.1

• Reverted change from 1.2.0 since it is again necessary for AdvancedParking.

does this show previous owners of a license plate under license plate history?

Update 1.3.0

• Added blacklist feature for plates. E.g. deny people the use of "LSPD" in their plates.
  • Added log file.
  • Fixed error when trying to use "OpenPlateSpecificHistory" export.
  • Minor performance improvements for distance queries.
  • Moved files to sub folders.

Hotfix 1.3.1

• Fixed case sensitivity with the blacklist.
  • Fixed client side distance check.

I’m sorry for the super late reply, must have missed it back then.

The license plate history shows the following data for each plate:

• plate text
  • date of change
  • the owner at that time
  • Blacklist feature unfortunately is case sensitive e.g. LSPD is blacklisted but if you type lspd it isn’t
  • The VersionChecker is broken:

[script:VehicleRegist] Your version of “VehicleRegistration” is behind by 6 versions, please consider updating as soon as possible!
[script:VehicleRegist] Your version: 1.3.0
[script:VehicleRegist] Newest version: 1.2.1

• There is an error in client.lua in Line 117 you wrote

if (#(pos, point.npc.pedModel and vector3(point.npc.position.x, point.npc.position.y, point.npc.position.z) or point.position) < DIST) then

but it needs to be

if (Vdist2(pos, point.npc.pedModel and vector3(point.npc.position.x, point.npc.position.y, point.npc.position.z) or point.position) < DIST) then

Whoopsie, thanks for letting me know… Must have snuck in last minute :smiley:

Both fixed now :slight_smile:

It’s not. This can happen when either it’s still cached with the old version on your side or you did not restart or refresh the resource list before restarting the resource. (just restarting a resource does not reload the fxmanifest which contains the version number for comparing)

Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

So is this up to date?? I think i wanna add it to my city? Who can change the plates? Mechanic? Admin?

Yea, still works as it stands :slight_smile:

Only the owner of the vehicle can change the plate. Players can also view their own vehicles plate history (who changed it when to what). Police can also check the latter.