[PAID] Fishing+ & Messages In A Bottle

Hello there. It’s early so I won’t give some dumb introduction to the script as usual, so here’s the cold hard facts.

Video Preview
Tebex Link

Config Pt 1
Config Pt 2

What you can expect from this script;

• Use bt-target OR 3D Draw Text - Since this started off as a custom request, you can use either bt-target or 3d Draw Text for the message in a bottle part (See Below or in the video)

• Change where you can fish - by adjusting the coordinates in the Config (shared.lua) MinNorth/South/East/West.

There are Four Categories of Fish;

• Common Fish - The most commonly caught fish, these will be your basic standard fish, and are quite easy to catch.
  • Medium Fish - Not quite as common as the Common Fish, but worth a bit more because why not, also a bit harder to catch.
  • Rare Fish - The rarest of rare, as well as being hard to catch.
  • Deep Sea Fish - These fish can ONLY be caught out in the deep, open ocean. These fish are made Illegal by default, but you can easily change this.
    • To fish, you will need to use Bait. Same for Deep Sea Fishing, it’s a different Bait. (How Deep Sea Bait is aquired on my server is by doing Normal Fishing and getting it that way).

"Treasure Hunt"

• While catching Rare Fish, you have a chance to fish up a Message In A Bottle instead.
  • Upon using the Message In A Bottle, you’ll have a message pop up on your screen (A NUI) that looks like this. Adjust the messages, how many messages, locations, and all that fun stuff via the Config.
  • If you have bt-target enabled, once you get close to the location a crate will pop up for you to loot. Adjust the loot via the Config. Change the values to False to exclude them.
  • If you have bt-target DISABLED, getting near the location will instead Display DrawText telling you to press E. Once pressed, you’ll do a short digging animation and then be rewarded with the loot.

Sell your Fish!

• With bt-target enabled -two peds will be spawned based on the location set in the Config. One will be for legal fish, the other for the deep sea illegal fish. Talking to either one will sell ALL of the fish type to that NPC.
  • With bt-target DISABLED - the two locations will instead be replaced with DrawText that once going near, will prompt you to sell your Fish. Doing so here will also sell all fish of that TYPE to the desired location.
  • Change both locations - via the Config. They’re currently both set on Chumash Pier.
  • Easily change the price - of each individual fish straight from the Config. Add as many fish as you want, and the code will take care of the rest. No need for you to do anything else other than adjust the Config.

No SQL is provided, the only items you NEED to add is “mib” “Message In A Bottle”, and two types of Bait for Normal & Deep Sea Fishing. Mine are called (fishbait) and (squid). The Fish is up to you, as you can add as little or as many as you want.

Script is very Plug N Play as long as you have the dependencies. If you choose NOT to use bt-target, MAKE SURE TO REMOVE THESE LINES FROM THE FXMANIFEST.

dependencies {
“PolyZone”
}
@PolyZone/BoxZone.lua’,
@PolyZone/EntityZone.lua’,
@PolyZone/CircleZone.lua’,
@PolyZone/ComboZone.lua’,

If you choose to use bt-target, add this to your client > main.lua of bt-target

function AddEntityZone(name, entity, options, targetoptions)
Zones[name] = EntityZone:Create(entity, options)
Zones[name].targetoptions = targetoptions
end

exports("AddEntityZone", AddEntityZone)

The Dependencies are;

USES ESX; (Should work on all version)
PolyZone (Can be disabled if you choose to use 3DText)
bt-target (Can be disabled if you choose to use 3DText)
rprogress (Needed)

Some of my other scripts: Oxy/Deliveries | Taco Job | Meth Making | Mechanic Job | BMX Comp Standalone | Fitness, Group Yoga & More | More Interactive Stores | Burgershot | Prison+ | Underwater Salvage Job | Jewelry Store | Chop Shop | The Best Trading Cards Script To Date | Weazel News/Reporter Job

4 Likes

Just updated a few things so if you downloaded it previously, make sure to grab it again!

Looks very cool well done!

1 Like

Looks rad. Thanks for making bt-target optional. That seems to be a happy compromise with us haters. :rofl: Any chance your older scripts could follow suit? You have a lot of greatness but I’m just against using bt-target for some reason.

This is a definite buy for me tomorrow!

You know it’s not hard to add 0.50 to the resmon and just replace the bt-target with your 3D text interaction?

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And it’s not hard to make my bed or clean my bathroom, but I still have a maid. Time is money.

.50 for drawing text? You must be high.

Hello,

I don’t want the message in a bottle. Can I turn it off?

Yes, simple remove the MIB from the loot table and you will never get them, problem solved hope this answers your question

1 Like

Hello , how does the treasure from the bottle work, we cant get the chest to open.

Thank you. Is it possible to turn off the mini game also?