[PAID] [ESX] Weazel News (Comprehensive Reporter Job)

Goooood afternoon. So, I noticed a ton of people use the standard ESX Jobs including the Reporter Job which is… super bare bones… (You get the job… you get a van… that’s it. ). I’m aware that being a reporter is 100% an RP Job, so I went and tried to add as much as I could think of to make this job bring in a ton more RP for Reporters.

Video Preview

$15 on my Tebex Page

Before we begin, I utilize bt-target in most of my scripts (including this one) so if you don’t enjoy it… you won’t enjoy this. So lets hop to it if you’re still here.

The script includes;

• Standard Boss Menu - Using esx_society, theres a boss menu set up at the front of the weazel news building via a ped if you choose to have the reporter job be a “whitelisted” job. Otherwise, you choose how you get the job.

• Place to take out/store Vehicles - Like the normal job, this will allow you to take out any vehicle of your choosing (Change in the Config).

Here’s where it gets different.

• Buy/Sell Newspapers - A few newspaper stand models are set up by default, interacting with them will allow you to Buy/Read the Newspaper. This will display the newspaper nui ui (Easily changeable via the html/index.html)

• As a Reporter - You can edit the news on the fly. By typing /editNews (Reporter Only) You have access to three text boxes which you can fill with information. Headline & Two Bodies.

• Broadcast - Using mythic_notify (or any notification of your choice) Allow your reporters to broadcast Breaking News to all clients, You can change how often messages can be broadcast via the Config. Once one reporter broadcasts, no other can do it until the timer is up.

• Within the Newspaper NUI You can choose to add a trigger in whatever Jailing script you use to send whoever the last jailed persons name was, and time they were jailed, to the Newspaper displaying their name at the bottom of the newspaper for everyone to shame them.

• Display the News on TV - A sort of “Beta” feature at the moment, display the news on select TV’s via interaction. Choose any video you want to be displayed (Changed in the Config) and what TV’s you want it displayed on (Change in client.lua, search “TVs”). MAKE SURE the video keeps the mute and autoplay tags. You can ALSO CHOOSE TO DO TWITCH STREAMS. The reason for the mute is to keep the sound from broadcasting to ALL PLAYERS.

^ The above utilizes texture replacement to display on the TV’s.

If you like what you see and are still interested, it’s $15 on my Tebex Page

Dependencies:
Uses ESX; (I currently use legacy, but should work on ANY)
PolyZone - GitHub - mkafrin/PolyZone: PolyZone is a FiveM mod to define zones of different shapes and test whether a point is inside or outside of the zone
bt-target - bt-target/bt-target at main · brentN5/bt-target · GitHub
nh-context - GitHub - nerohiro/nh-context: Simple, minimalistic event firing context menu
nh-keyboard - GitHub - nerohiro/nh-keyboard: Dynamic Keyboard Input NUI for FiveM
mythic_notify (Can be changed to any notification system)

Some of my other scripts: Oxy/Deliveries | Taco Job | Meth Making | Mechanic Job | BMX Comp Standalone | Fitness, Group Yoga & More | More Interactive Stores | Burgershot | Prison+ | Underwater Salvage Job | Jewelry Store | Chop Shop | The Best Trading Cards Script To Date

4 Likes

maybe add an option in the config to not use bt target, while i like the concept of it there is nothing else in my server that utilizes it and as the solo dev i dont have the time to convert everything to it and set it up.

1 Like

I’d love to do that, truly. But I just… hate using 3d text/markers/zones, whatever you’d like to call it. If you are interested in this, I could indeed help you to convert it whenever you do have the time, but to just include it without an interest, I’d rather not I’m afraid :cold_sweat:

dope.

1 Like

id definitely pick it up if it didn’t require the target system

Well, perhaps I’ll make it happen then. Give me a bit to think about it :rofl:

While I understand others use it and swear by it, I am not interested in using it, and it’s been the biggest turn-off from purchasing scripts from you, myself. I’m just here to show interest in your scripts coming with an on/off switch for some of the dependencies.

i tested it with a script before and found a huge exploit in it thats my big issue

1 Like

I’d love to hear of this exploit, I’m sure it’s something that’s easily fixed, was probably an ‘exploit’ in the persons script you were testing rather than the bt-target itself.

I hear you MrBluffz, I’m personally against the markers/drawtext, I just find it ugly to have a random marker floating in a location, or random text just pop up when you’re close to a location. But like you said, everyone has different preferences. It’s a lot easier to develop scripts via bt-target, and while you could easily get performance down with markers/draw text, it takes more effort.

my issue was that it could be used as a crosshair

hey this is a banger, love the tv idea

2 Likes

You can disable the target system while you have a gun in your hand.

1 Like

Stop. Using. BT-Target. Nobody likes it but you. :rofl:

I think anyone with half a brain prefers this over the ugly ass 3D text

1 Like

Or, maybe you’re one of the few who don’t like it :open_mouth:

1 Like

This thread will Is proof that’s not the case. LOL

You’re right, the 3-4 people here who don’t like bt-target speak for the over 600 customers I’ve already had :man_facepalming:, shame on me.

1 Like

That is a great idea!

1 Like

The people who don’t like it more than likely don’t know how to set it up correctly to work with anything else lmfao. BT-target is a great feature. Don’t let the 4 people who don’t like it discourage you. Keep up the great work!

1 Like