[ESX] [QBCORE] Prospecting with treasure map

This script is an extended version of my prospecting script that you can download here.

Video showcase:

Price: €24.99 (excl. taxes)
Tebex for ESX version: https://r3ps4j-fivem.tebex.io/package/4543937
Tebex for QBCore version: https://r3ps4j-fivem.tebex.io/package/4644931

Features

• There is an option in the config which makes the script compatible with older versions of ESX. (item limit based)
  • There is also a seperate SQL file with item limits instead of weights.
  • Items found come in your inventory
  • Use a treasure map to generate a search area where you can find treasure
  • Can’t use the detector outside of search area
  • Search area only shows for person that opened the treasure map
  • Animation
  • Configurable notification type

Differences for the QBCore version:

• Seperate file with all the items used in the script to put into your shared.lua file instead of SQL.
  • Uses the QBCore notify system instead of the configurable notification types.
  • Images have been provided to drag and drop into the images folder of the inventory plugin.

How to use

Use the treasure map, a new area will then be marked on the map.

1. Go to the marked area
  2. Use the detector item
  3. Walk around while paying attention to the scanner
  4. Locate and dig out treasure

You have to find a way to give players the detector item and the treasure map, it is the easiest to just add it to one of your stores but that’s up to you. I don’t recommend adding the treasure map to stores, maybe you can add it to home robberies or bank robberies. Keep in mind that you need to set up the items that can be dug up as well.

Configuration

This script offers a lot of customization through the configuration file.

• There is an option in the config which makes the script compatible with older versions of ESX. (item limit based)
  • Change blip text, sprite and color
  • Change area sprite, color and alpha (transparency)
  • Change all items and their locations
  • Change all locations highlighted by the treasure map
  • Change notification type (ESX version only)

Dependencies

This script has some dependencies so make sure you install those as well.

ESX version:

QBCore version:

This script does not use Asset Escrow and, just like all my other scripts, is not encrypted in any way. You will be able to access the entire source code when you buy this script and edit it to your liking or server needs.

Update 12-07-2021:

• Compatibility with older ESX versions has been added. This can be enabled in the config file. This option will make the script compatible with older ESX versions that use the limit system instead of the weight system.
  • SQL file has been added to add the items to older ESX databases. Using the limit column instead of the weight column.

Update 22-08-2021:

• The script has been converted to QBCore!
  • Seperate file with all items used by the script to copy into your shared.lua file.
  • Images have been provided in this version to drag and drop into the images folder of the inventory plugin.

Tebex for the QBCore version: https://r3ps4j-fivem.tebex.io/package/4644931
Price is the same as the ESX version (€15.99 + tax).

Update 03-10-2021:

• Implemented better functionality for generating targets.
  • Configuring at least one item location for each search area is no longer necessarily. (But still recommended)

These changes should improve the experience when lots of players are searching for treasure at the same time.

Update 05-12-2021:

• Updated GetObject loop/event to export.
  • Added config option to switch back to GetObject event for older versions of QBCore.

Only on QBCore version

My other resources
If you like this resource, you might like some of my other work as well:

[ESX] [QBCORE] Food Delivery like Uber Eats
[ESX] [QBCORE] Location Items
[ESX] [QBCORE] Evidence Storage
[ESX] [QBCORE] Delivery job for different jobs

2 Likes

Update 12-07-2021:

• Compatibility with older ESX versions has been added. This can be enabled in the config file. This option will make the script compatible with older ESX versions that use the limit system instead of the weight system.
  • SQL file has been added to add the items to older ESX databases. Using the limit column instead of the weight column.

Update 22-08-2021:

• The script has been converted to QBCore!
  • Seperate file with all items used by the script to copy into your shared.lua file.
  • Images have been provided in this version to drag and drop into the images folder of the inventory plugin.

So this might sound strange… but do you have a script, or can this be configured to use the map, but not include the treasure digging and stuff?

Basically looking for a usable item that when used, sets a marker on the map for like 10 minutes then goes away. so only the “go to mark area” function…

This script can’t be configured to not include the treasure digging. But I can probably make a script like that. Contact me about it in private messages or look for my contact information on the home page of my tebex store so we can figure out what it is you want exactly.

sounds good, thanks!

im for sure buying this one!! looks awesome!

Update 03-10-2021:

• Implemented better functionality for generating targets.
  • Configuring at least one item location for each search area is no longer necessarily. (But still recommended)

These changes should improve the experience when lots of players are searching for treasure at the same time.

Update 05-12-2021:

• Updated GetObject loop/event to export.
  • Added config option to switch back to GetObject event for older versions of QBCore.

Only on QBCore version

i purchased this, but, it’s not working, is there still support?

Yes, of course there is still support! Sorry to hear that it’s not working for you, there should be contact information in the manifest and readme file. Could you contact me there so I can help you set it up?