[Release][Free] High resolution Satellite map with custom postals

Hello there!

I never intended to release this postal-map to the public but because someone somehow got the files for it and is selling it for money, I feel that I have no other option than to release it to the community.

Just to emphasize, I am the original creator of this map, with the custom postals, all road names, road signs and poi’s. This map, and a couple of variations for it, were created 2 years ago. One of the variations was eventually used in DOJ, I believe they are still using it. I am releasing specifically this variation, because someone is selling it for money and they did not create it.

I’m releasing the files for the community to use and modify/edit. If you want to change the map, add logos or do whatever… you can! In the github there is a folder called DDS and in here are the separate files for you to edit. You can use https://www.getpaint.net/ to edit the DDS files and save these files. Use OPENIV to swap the textures for the .ytd files. Use the DDS format instead of PNG, because PNG files don’t get the best quality in game.

The map is using the high resolution sat map from this forum post: High Resolution Maps: Satellite, Roadmap, Atlas - Guides & Strategies - GTAForums
The minimap is streamed with the code from GitHub - ArduousDev/MiniMap: Custom Minimap For FiveM

If you want to use the nearest-postal script https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-nearest-postal-script/ , you can use the oulsen_satmap_postals.json which is included in the Github. The nearest-postal script is not included at this time, but you can download that separately.

Install

1. Upload oulsen_satmap folder to your resources folder on your server
  2. Add oulsen_satmap to the server.cfg file (start or ensure).
  3. Optional, change the map to the nogrid version. Just copy the files in the NoGrid folder and paste/overwrite these files in the stream folder of the resource.
  4. Start the resource or reboot your server
Images

Images

I hope you guys enjoy it :slight_smile:

Download here: GitHub - Oulsen/oulsen_satmap: oulsen_satmap

Changes

37 Likes

Thank you for the share! great work

1 Like

is it possible to remove the green and red lines?

3 Likes

Not at the moment, can upload without gridlines later

2 Likes

Thank you very much, i’m installing here, this is an awesome work !

2 Likes

Love this i cant wait to use it in my server

3 Likes

If you read his post chief he literally said he was the creator and some muppet has ripped his work selling it so his giving it for free

2 Likes

Please dooo

1 Like

No, I don’t think there are any high resolution mapfiles available for that. Also I don’t have the time to create another one, this one alone took a lot of hours/days to complete with the custom postals, streetnames, roadsigns and poí’s on there.

3 Likes

Does the “nearest postal code” script work with this map? Like does it line up correctly?

Yes, use the Json included in the github

A version without gridlines has been uploaded tot the github, DDS files are included. Check the install instructions for install.

3 Likes

I copied the files into the resource folder, made sure to start it up in the server config but it’s still showing the old map. I do have esx installed if that matters. Do I need to turn off the old map maybe or ?

Thank you so much for the help and the map! It’s beautiful and can’t wait to have it on our server.

1 Like

If you have another map installed I would suggest to disable/remove that one and try again. If you are in game when reloading the map, restart fivem and connect again

nice working :upside_down_face:

1 Like

After research esx just use’s the default map, so i redid the server (fresh install) and did your map install. It didn’t work at first I got this error.

Started resource es_admin2
Could not make hard link for /home/zap675182/g345769/gta5-fivem/server-data/resources//oulsen_satmap/stream//minimap_3_6.ydd <-> /home/zap675182/g345769/gta5-fivem/server-data/cache/files/oulsen_satmap/stream_cache/z7a571e44ee79aa974439a0e4de8e3531f3ba9e34.
Started resource oulsen_satmap

A copy of the log. Anyway I rebooted the server a second time and it worked. I tried doing the install on my main server and I got the same error and so far stuck rebooting.

THANK YOU for your support, for you releasing this and for your help! If there is any way I could help you I would, but know that I very much appreciate you!

P.S. - rebooting the server a second time worked on my main. THANK YOU AGAIN!

1 Like

Can you add an HD zoomable image of the whole map?

Please check you’re dms on cfx. Looking to inquire about something

1 Like

Which Github? Yours? Or the postal script github? Can’t find them in either.

You can use this json with the postal script. The postal script itself is not included in my resource, you need to download that separably and set it up with that json file.

3 Likes