[Release] Area of Patrol - Set AOP - Ft. Draw Text, Peacetime & More [AOP] [3.4]

:fax: Area of Patrol :fax:

Created by: FAXES
Foo

This is a simple script that will set an RP area when a command is entered (see images). As of update 1.2 the RP area will also be displayed in the server list under the map title. Below is all the information you need to get started with this script. In update 1.6 I made a drawtext function so users can visually see the set AOP!

Features:

• Ability to set / change the area of patrol
  • Ability to have area of patrol votes
  • Peacetime toggle
  • Easy as hell config!
  • Drawtext on screen
  • Time and date display
  • No PvP when peacetime is active
  • Area of patrol displayed on the server details on the server list
  • Permission-based, so those kiddos don’t change the area of patrol (ACE Perms)
  • Move the AOP text location easily from within the config. See config table below!
  • Unlimited* words to use as the AOP eg; this image
  • Disabled ability to do drive-by’s when peacetime is active
  • Auto-AOP’s - Script can auto set AOP with x amount of players
  • Spawn points with easy configuration
  • Discord permissions support

*As many as the draw text allows

Download:

Installation
Install Guide: Area of Patrol (AOP) Installation - FAXES Documentation
Variable Documentation: Area of Patrol (AOP) Installation - FAXES Documentation

If you have any issues, comments or suggestions please put them below. :australia:

43 Likes

Awesome, thanks for releasing

4 Likes

Does it permanently show the AOP until changed so people don’t keep asking what the AOP is? Nice release though by the way!

2 Likes

thanks, great job! :+1:

2 Likes

No it does not. I might update to change the spawn points in the area of the RP so people know. or a join message in chat that says it idk.

I’m going to work on permissions first though so people don’t change it themselves.

@Johnyf1 Thanks appreciate that

6 Likes

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Will be using this on my server.

2 Likes

Question: If the AOP is set somewhere will new players spawn inside the AOP? Also a slight suggestion.

4 Likes

@zee Maybe ^^^

4 Likes

Agreed. Set the spawn points with AOPs and keep it showing constantly! Will definitely be using this, thanks for the script.

1 Like

You should add it so when a player joins, it displays the current spawn area.

Edit:

@FAXES You could do it with this function with an event handler “onClientMapStart”

1 Like

Im making one of these that sends a notification at the bottom from the admin abit like a text message

2 Likes

Update 1.1

Change-log:

• Added Mirror Park to AOP list.
  • Added Permission System Using Aces (Read the Wiki). this script now requires permissions (as requested) to use the commands. See the original post for the Wiki link to set up the Ace permissions. Thanks @Cheleber for Ace permission help :slight_smile:
  • Changed Event Names
  • Updated Terms of use in GitHub
  • Updated GitHub description
  • Removed colors in /aoplist (See new screen shots on the forums)
5 Likes

Update 1.2

Change-log

• Added new function that displays the current AOP (or RP) area in the server list
    Capture
    Capture2

• Also added a new feature for when peace time is enabled it will also show on the player list
    Capture3

• When peace time is turned off using /ptoff the Game Type will be put back on Freeroam. You can always change this on line 186 of server.lua

Overall look in the server list
Capture

Pictures and information updated in the original post

3 Likes

Works great thanks for this. Love it.

where do i find this post ?

Which post?

3 Likes

nvm found it
the other owner of my server already sended it to me but i didnt see it

2 Likes

Update 1.3

A small update

• Added a feature for when the resource is first loaded to say RP : Not Set under the map name in the server list.

I may have a auto select RP area every x mins having it on a timer or random pick in the near future.

I am also focusing on getting the message to display the RP area when you join.

Download in the original post, GitHub

3 Likes

I can not find where to put me hex decimal, can you tell me what file and or what line please

You need to place it in the Ace permissions read the wiki for more in depth info

4 Likes