[PAID][ESX] HoboLife! A script to help develop your homeless.. roleplay

Video Preview
Get it HERE on Tebex.

It’s the script all of you wanted and didn’t even know!

That’s right, the title wasn’t a joke. This scripts main purpose is to give your RPers who enjoy being… homeless… a little more to do. The script actually includes quite a bit, so sit down and buckle up and lets get to it.

• Search Dumpsters (and any trash recepticle) - You can search these and find items, only able to search a single time, trying to do it more then once will result in the Nothing Here message. Add any items you want to it via the Config.

• Interactable Homeless Carts - Push/Take your home where you go! Push around the cart and interact with it to grab a Sign, Bed, and a Chair to sit on. All three of them are interactable.
    Place the Bed/Chair down anywhere, and Sit/lay on YOUR Terms! Nobody can keep you down, except you. Will despawn on their own in 2 minutes to prevent clutter.
    Use the Sign to attract Locals to give you whatever you set up in the config. (Money, Items, or Nothing at all.) If the local is close by, he will either give you things, or attack you for being… homeless… (I know, they rude as eff.)

• Collect from Players - Place down an Interact-able Bucket in which players can donate money to you, in $5 Increments (You can easily change this). Only the person who placed down the bucket can take the money out, and it will despawn on it’s own in 4 minutes time.

• Unleash the RATS! - Use your PET RAT!!! to help you scavenge for food, call him up with your handy dandy Rat Piccolo whenever you are in need Includes super awesome amazing whistle sound!. Set up what your rat can find via the Config. (Also has a chance of finding nothing). He will follow you around wherever you go, and is super loyal, cuddly, and dangerous! (Cause he’s a fking Rat, m8)

• Collect Trash - Interact with another type of cart *Typically found where everyone sets up their trash Jobs, to go and collect trash out of specific Bins. You can carry one in hand and one in the cart, and then take them down to the Junkyard/Recycling Yard to turn them in for money.

• Gamble! - Thats right, gamble away all of your earnings with a simple guessing game. Can you beat old Hangry Hank? Probably Not, I swear he cheats. But if you can, you can double your bets!

Still Interested? Of course you are. Get it HERE on Tebex.

Upon purchase you’ll be given a download link to your e-mail. If the link doesn’t work by clicking, try copy/pasting it into your browser directly and it should work.

The script requires ESX; Tested on Legacy but should work on -any-
PolyZone - GitHub - mkafrin/PolyZone: PolyZone is a FiveM mod to define zones of different shapes and test whether a point is inside or outside of the zone
bt-target - GitHub - brentN5/bt-target
mythic_notify - But you can swap it over to any notification system of your choice.

If you are using the base bt-target resource, you need to add my export to the scripts main.lua - listed below.

function AddEntityZone(name, entity, options, targetoptions)
Zones[name] = EntityZone:Create(entity, options)
Zones[name].targetoptions = targetoptions
end

exports(“AddEntityZone”, AddEntityZone)

as well as

function RemoveZone(name)
if not Zones[name] then return end
if Zones[name].destroy then
Zones[name]:destroy()
end

Zones[name] = nil

end

exports(“RemoveZone”, RemoveZone)

You’ll need to add the following items to your database; cratechair, sleepingbag, sign, piccolo, bucket

Some of my other scripts: Oxy/Deliveries | Taco Job | Meth Making | Mechanic Job | BMX Comp Standalone | Fitness, Group Yoga & More | More Interactive Stores | Burgershot | Prison+

2 Likes

Hello! Very nice release, but I’ve onyxDumpsters, and want to keep it. So is it configurable to turn dumpsters off in your script?

Or can you share config picture or something? :slight_smile:

You can indeed, you’ll simply just comment out the dumpster types in the client.lua!

It’s at the top and looks like this,

local dumpsters = {1329570871, 218085040, 666561306, -58485588, -206690185, 1511880420, 682791951, 684586828, 909943734, 651101403, 865150065, -1472203944, -468629664, 234941195, 1380691550, 1919238784, -1426008804, -329415894, 1748268526, 437765445, -1096777189, 811169045, 1614656839}

You can just simply make it this

local dumpsters = { }

1 Like

Now this is… Amazing! :smiley:

1 Like

This is awesome. Definitely going in our city.

1 Like

hi I just bought the but I can’t get it to work with the bt-target

Any errors sir?

I have already fixed it but now I have this error
error

The item you are looking for is not added to your database. Also, I forgot to add these in script put them in server.lua

ESX.RegisterUsableItem(‘sign’, function(source)
local xPlayer = ESX.GetPlayerFromId(source)
TriggerClientEvent(‘gl-hoboLife:useSign’,source)
end)
ESX.RegisterUsableItem(‘sleepingbag’, function(source)
TriggerClientEvent(‘gl-hoboLife:placeBed’,source)
end)

ESX.RegisterUsableItem(‘cratechair’, function(source)
TriggerClientEvent(‘gl-hoboLife:placeChair’,source)
end)

ESX.RegisterUsableItem(‘piccolo’, function(source)
TriggerClientEvent(‘gl-hoboLife:piccoloOfRats’,source)
end)

ESX.RegisterUsableItem(‘bucket’, function(source)
TriggerClientEvent(‘gl-hoboLife:sendBucketServer’,source)
end)
Add Serverside to make the items usable.

where do I have to put Server Side

Anywhere in server.lua outside of the events

I still can’t use the bucket or bed items, even when taking a car, the others don’t see it in my hand, the rat doesn’t know how to get it out either …

new mistake I can’t sell the bags

Hey there, the reason for that error is inside of the post. You have to add that export to your bt target. Which is probably why you can’t use the other items, they all rely on that export.

function AddEntityZone(name, entity, options, targetoptions)
Zones[name] = EntityZone:Create(entity, options)
Zones[name].targetoptions = targetoptions
end

exports(“AddEntityZone”, AddEntityZone)

this can be put anywhere in the bt-target?

Correct, preferably with the other exports so you can keep things tidy

now if it works I no longer have an error but the seat and the rat I have put in the base as an item but it does not let me remove them I get an invalid object

Is there anyway to make the carts show to other players?

So, interacting with them by putting trash in them makes them visible. I’ll work on qn update to make them migrate to all clients soon as I guess all carts are spawned by gta client side