[GUIDE] How to make your lights brighter

Introduction

Hello CFX.re Forums! Serena K. Back with a quick guide on how to make client sided lights brighter and more pleasing to watch. I have made a guide on how to make lights brighter using a server side mod. This guide can be found here. Fixing Lights on Emregency vehicles At the bottom of this post like any other there will be a link to all my other posts on the forums.

Table Of Contents

• Explanation
  • Downloading a visualsettings.dat

Explanation

A day after making this I had to reset my C:/ Drive and I forgot to back up the visuals pack that I used to user. But after trying for hours to get a pack to work I found out what I was doing wrong. So here I will be using Better Visuals For this guide on how to get your lights to work and get it to look beautiful!

PS. I used the DIM setting as it’s already bright as it is. This is NOT recommended for people who are photosensitive.

Setting up our visuals.

1. Download this the file from the following link
  2. Find the FiveM Application Data this is usually in the following location.
    2a. C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\FiveM The x is your local machines name.
  3. Head over into the FiveM Application Data
  4. Head over to citizen/comman/data
  5. Drop the visualsetting.dat into this directory.
  6. Done. Get into FiveM and see if anything has changed!

Still Dim?

Depending if you have changed any settings you want the following steps to see if you can fix your lights!

1. Head over to settings β†’ graphics
  2. Find Shaders and turn it up to High
  3. Scroll Down to PostFX and turn it up to Ultra
  4. Reload FiveM and enjoy!

Ending

If you encounter anymore issues with this guide I am more then willing to help you if you leave a comment! See you next time CFX!

Fixing Lights (Server Visuals) - [FIX] Fixing Lights on Emregency vehicles
Custom Sounds - [HOW-TO] [QUICK TUTORIAL] How to use custom sounds?
Playing without VPS/Portforward - [GUIDE] How to use RADMIN VPN to play with friends.
Spawn Codes Tuners - [Update] [Tuners] Spawn Codes vMenu

2 Likes

Still dim. even after changing the post and shader setting.