Before we get into it!
Hi there. I wasn’t intentionally planning on releasing this, but I recently became aware that some people got hold of my outdated code for this script and began selling it. With that said, I present you with a more up-to-date, crème de la crème version of my MDT and it’s completely free.
I think that all deprecated methods were replaced with updated alternatives, but please feel free to make a pull request if that’s not the case.
An even-more updated version is unfortunately only compatible my private framework and currently don’t have time to convert it. I am more than happy to answer questions below, should there be any.
What does it do?
This resource provides police with an in-game Mobile Data Terminal integrated with kashacters for the ESX framework.
The system itself is self-explanatory to use, and provides compatibility for reports, mugshots, character notes, warrants, calls, plate searches and more.
It should work out of the box, but I no longer have an ESX server to test this a year down the line, so no guarantees.
Some useful info…
- To access, set your character job to
DELon your keyboard
- When stationary behind a vehicle, the MDT will automatically run plates when opened
- The command
/mdtmay also be used to access the UI
- Search, edit, delete and submit police reports & warrants
- Attach to, mark as waypoint, delete and edit calls
- Add character notes, mugshots and amend convictions
- Search for vehicles by license plate
- No snails were injured in the making
The MDT has functionality to present a different theme with another job, you just have to make the appropriate appendments yourself to do so. There’s a few functions in the
ui/script.js code to help with this.
I will not be providing any updates for this script, it is very old and some of my beginner NUI from a year ago. There could certainly be some optimization.
Download and Contents
There are a few dependencies, please follow the installation steps provided for these scripts and ensure they are running:
es_extended (v1, duh)
esx_identity (release version using
mythic_notify: for 911 call notifications
gcphone: the MDT fetches phone numbers from gcphone, edit lines
sv_mdt.luato select from elsewhere
Execute the provided SQL queries in the
charactersdatabase table from esx_identity does not contain a primary key (old version), you will have to execute the following query:
ALTER TABLE `characters` ADD COLUMN `id` int(10) UNSIGNED PRIMARY KEY AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST;
- Place folder in server resources, and start the resource. Use
DELto open when in-game.
There’s a server-side event you might want to know about so that you can trigger this when a call comes through and want it to show on the MDT.
-- Create a new 911 call in the MDT under the 'Calls' tab. TriggerEvent("mdt:newCall", details --[[string]], caller --[[int]], coords --[[vector3]])
- v0.2 (18/10/2020): Fixed an issue with loading person details.
- v0.3 (18/10/2020): Fixed an issue with vehicle paint job not loading.
- v0.4 (18/10/2020): Reports no longer need charges attached.
- v0.5 (18/10/2020): Add special cases to searching by ID.
- v0.6 (18/10/2020): Fixed a call indexing issue.
- v0.7.1 (18/10/2020): Bug fix, MDT calls consistent across all clients