xnCayoPerico (smooth Cayo Perico transition) [Free]

WARNING!
This resource requires you to be running build 2189, you can activate it by adding "+set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189" to your server launch parameters. It WILL NOT work with a streamed version of Cayo Perico since it uses natives only available in 2189

Hey guys I have been unsatisfied with the current methods of travel to Cayo Perico so I tried to think of a nice new method without having to move the map (which would break a bunch of things that can’t easily be moved)

So I have come up with this. So basically what I have done is created a fake low quality (LOD) version of Cayo Perico and Los Santos. The fake version of Cayo Perico is located far out to the east of Los Santos and you can choose to travel there by boat/plane or if you really want swimming, once you get within a certain range of the fake island a little loading transition will occur. This will teleport the player/vehicle, deactivate the real Los Santos, activate the real Cayo Perico and activate the fake Los Santos. So to you it will feel like you are in the exact same place, but in reality you have travelled pretty far. Behind you in Cayo Perico will be the silhouette of the fake Los Santos to make you feel like it’s still off the coast instead of right next to the docks where it actually is. Turning around and driving/flying/swimming back towards Los Santos will do the opposite and transition you back there.

I have included a couple of events in the script to help you integrate it with your existing resources, for example an event will fire when entering/leaving Cayo Perico on the server and the client 'IsInCayoPerico' is the name of the event. It send true or false to help you determine where the player is.

There are 2 other events 'EnableCayoPerico' and 'DisableCayoPerico' these can be manually called to do exactly what they say. But be warned they will only work correctly when you are within the right locations. These would best be used with reactiving Cayo Perico when loading back in if you left in that spot. I’ll be leaving that up to you guys, Sorry I won’t help you achieve this in ESX/vRP.

Note: You may need to expand the world limits to stop your vehicle from dying in Cayo Perico or behind it, you can do so by firing ExtendWorldBoundaryForPlayer with expanded limits twice.

Anyway, here is the download. Enjoy.

xnCayoPerico.zip (149.8 KB)

13 Likes

Can confirm this works nicely! Thank you for the addon!

Just one little error, your description in the manifest is backwards, says to go very far west of LS and East of Cayo but it actually Very far East of LS and West of Cayo

1 Like

ooops my bad haha

1 Like

amazing release thank you smallo for the awesome resource!

Looks very good. Keep up the good work.

why it does only work with 2189?

because that’s the DLC that has Cayo Perico in it. Like I said it might work if you stream it, but I haven’t tested.

Edit: Actually nevermind, it only works with 2189, because of the new natives being used

no no.

That’s so smooth!

Pretty cool release. More cinematic releases!

Has texture bugs after usage, in the city. Normal? Any fix? Thanks.

guys it doesnt start in my server
i have add +set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189 into server.cfg
in console i see only Started resource island
why?

You need to add +set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189 into your serverstarter.bat file, not the server.cfg.

So, me and a friend tested this quite a bit yesterday and we found that it’s not 100% perfect. For instance, if one person goes to Cayo first, and then another player goes there too after. The map often won’t show for them (they see some grass but that’s it). For some reason, the first person that goes there, it always works. But sometimes the second person won’t get to see the map.

No errors, logs, or anything to show anything.

i am using run.sh to run the server

That’s super weird and also very confusing haha. I’ll look into it and see if I can replicate it.

1 Like

in console says also Started Resource Island
why? my server is set to the 2189 dlc …

Same, found any fix for it?
EDIT: Nevermind i followed this: Enabling the island on build 2189 and changed my server artifacts to 3336 and added the +set sv_enforceGameBuild 2189 along with swapping to Canary and that resolved my issue in case youre still having it :slight_smile:

Having one issue though, after the transition it looks like this towards LS:

Floating trees etc, any ideas why?

I’m assuming you have some sort of custom map that isn’t unloading, you’d probably have to add any custom ymaps to the script to load/unload when needed. You could add them to the cayoLODs table up the top of the script