[Tool] YMAP & YBN Mover

This tool was created for the purpose of moving maps. I noticed that a lot of custom maps were put in the same spot, so I made this to make it easier to move them. Yes this version is limited compared to my old version, I will be adding features over time.

Extract ALL the files in the .zip to their own folder and run the exe

So it’s very simple to use, press file select either your file(s) or folder(s) and it will put your ymaps and ybns in the list. Specify an offset down the bottom right. Yes that’s right an offset, not a new location. So people who can’t work you get where you want to move the map to and subtract the current position. Then you press start, it’ll process the files and then it’s done!

Please do not reupload this anywhere without my prior permission

Huge shoutout to dexyfex and Codewalker, if it wasn’t for him none of this would be possible. This program utilises Codewalker.Core.

Sourcecode: GitHub - 92-Smallo/Ymap-Ybn-Mover

37 Likes

Epic, nice job :stuck_out_tongue:

Epic Win!

1 Like

Quality release.

If I knew how do magic with interiors I’m sure I’d use it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Its Back :open_mouth: Thanks heap :slight_smile:

can you help me ?

Can I use this tool to put my own 3d creations on my server? I’m not sure how to stream my 3d stuff on my own server. I have been trying to learn but I can’t find a complete tutorial of how to use one of my 3DS Max files and turn them into files for FiveM and then stream them. Any help anyone or any link that you can share to point me to the right direction? Thank you all

Hey do you think you can do it for YND ? Need it for moving some nodes :c

no, but if you build this Codewalker PR https://github.com/dexyfex/CodeWalker/pull/51 you can get it to do it

Thanks !

Hey I’m having a weird issue when using this , I follow the steps of finding the coords using codewalker, enter them both into the vector calculator , calculate , input , start . All as directed , but when I load the map back into codewalker to check if it moved correctly , its being put into a different location. And now it seems everytime I move a building its being put farther and farther into the north ocean. Any ideas what I could possibly be doing wrong ?

Easiest way to calculate the difference is to just do this:

Example:
Original Coords of building:
(1234.454, 50.000, 22.500)
New Coords of building:
(1000.00, 25.000, 30.000)
Difference is:
(-234.546, -25.000, 7.5)

The difference is what you input into the mover.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot now I got it figured out ! Looks like it comes out backwards in my vector calculator , so the negatives needed to be positives and positives needed to be negatives ! :smiley:

1 Like

worked like a charm…getting the correct xyz is a little tricky but it works.

1 Like

After moving the whole new island I have missing IPLs in the buildings. Basically you’re falling into a drink when entering a buildings of Cayo Perico after it was relocated with the tool. Suggestions?

2 Likes

After moving the whole map im falling into water

hello i moved the island of cayo perico with his tool which is very good thanks and great work so after moving the island the interiors of it no longer have a collision when entering interior the ped falls into limbo which would be the solution for that?

use a tool called 3dx (GIMS) it converts your 3d projects into files in GTAV format after that just create a _resource.lua and a stream folder just throw the files in the stream folder and put some parameters in the _resource.lua and you are ready is transmitting your 3d projects on fivem :slight_smile: now you can share your 3d projects with me :slight_smile:

How to get off set of a ymap file in codewalker…?

It had Entities extents Min and Max , Streaming Extents Min and Max…!

I have no idea on how to get off sets …
Please do help me out.

If you are kind enough then could you please tell me how to get its offset correctly