[Release] [Standalone] T-Notify - A Simple and Highly-Customizable Notification System

T-Notify

T-Notify is a FiveM implementation of the SimpleNotification javascript library. This was originally a private resource created for use within my community but I have decided to modify it and release it for all.

This is to be used in conjunction with other resources, not by itself

Features

• Notification queue system

• Notification positioning

• Markdown-like formatting

• Sound alerts when notifications are triggered

• User-defined custom styling

• Persistent Notifications

• Configurable animation settings

Video Demo

If you have trouble watching this video, click here.

Screenshots

Usage and Documentation

All relevant documentation regarding usage can be found on the GitHub repository within the README.md. This documentation will show exactly how to trigger and customize a notification to your preference.

A direct link can be found here.

Installation

To install this resource, please follow the instructions present in the GitHub repo.

Final Note

This is just an initial release and the resource may be developed further to include these possible features:

• Notification history

• Toggleable focus state

Featured Examples

Here are some examples of the possibilities provided by T-Notify.

A Police Alert System
FiveM_GTAProcess_4UXWEBnxBR

example-notify
Credit to @Geerdodagr8

If you’ve got a cool and unique implementation of T-Notify that you wish to include in this post, send me a DM with a screenshot and explanation of your implementation

Links

GitHub
Download
Documentation

39 Likes

Fire release! Looks really nice

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Damnnn lookin goodd

1 Like

This is actually really sick. Nice release.

2 Likes

Small update: improved clarity on readme and fixed incorrect link

I have yet to check out the release in-game. But, as far as the images and github, it looks like a fairly great notification system.

One thing that I know would make it even better if you’re able to implement it is a history system. Meaning if cops are alerted, even after the alert time fades off, they can press a button and it’ll list all the alerts on the right side. Or even a highlight system where you can press a button on the highlighted notification for it to automatically set a GPS. It might be too much for it. But just great thoughts I’ve had and wanted to see.

Notification History

Something that I also planned to do, depending on the response to this release. If the response is good and people want it, I’ll add a system to that spec.

1 Like

This is a nice release and i would like to see this feature in future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perfect. I was hoping that was your intention. Super excited for the future of your work, and appreciate your release :smiley:

1 Like

Dude this is awesome, thanks for releasing and sharing with the community!

1 Like

Your system is simply spectacular! I really thank you for sharing it!

1 Like

have you considered implementing postals like the ocrp ones into the script?

also after trying this im getting this

The example is just that, an example implementation. This isn’t an alert script off the get-go. I will be adding functionality to it that allows for users to create their own alert system if they would like, but at its base, this resource is a general use notification system with high customizability. What you use that customizability for is up to the user.

Also, that error could be caused by not using the correct styles. The style must match one of the styles listed in the README.md under the Styles section. This won’t be the case forever as I am adding the capability for users to edit/add-to the CSS for their own totally custom styles.

Also, If you continue to get this error, please change the variable local debugMode present at the top of main.lua, from false to true and try again, please send me a screenshot of the F8 console after that point.

T-Notify v1.1.0-alpha - For Testing Purposes Only (UPD Branch)

Features/Changes:

• Added the ability for users to define custom notification styling using CSS, reference README for more information.
  • Added more configuration options for notification animations, this can be found in config.lua
  • Updated README with new documentation and attempted to improve clarity.

This release is fully backward compatible but is not recommended for public use until further testing can be accomplished.

For a stable release, download the latest release from GitHub (v1.0.2)

This release has graduated from the UPD branch and now has a stable public release available here! Any issues or questions? Let me know!

Fantastic job! :heart_eyes: Can’t wat to see more from you in the future!

1 Like

Pretty neat.

Great job!