[Release][Conversion] L.A. Roads addon + patch client or server

Hey there again, today i’m releasing a simple conversion of the LA roads from gta5mods for FIVEM , this is strongly recommended to be used Client sided due to having it as a server resource you would have to stream 2.2gb worth of ytd textures which will cause major lag with users with LOW internet speeds for the firs ttime they have to load that file after that they should be fine but its just like cars can cause crashing cuz its not loaded in yet then when the user rejoins it should be there, that’s why simply installing it client sided in the addons folder in your FIVEM app data folder. Client install drag drop the la_roads.rpf in the addons folder if not there create the folder and put it in there do no rename the rpf due to the encryption by changing the name that can cause issues , this was simply achieved with ArchiveFix like you would do it with Sirens/Sounds or NVR to uninstall simply delete the file out of the addons folder. Enjoy

Client sided addon download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19fokTfdLsnnOAOMbLgIWVnXxc2SemGoh

For server sided its a drag and drop as a resource i will include both versions for your liking but i strongly recommend to use the client sided version to reduce the stress on the server but drag drop into your resources add to your server.cfg delete cache and restart server now you should have L.A roads server wide

Server resource download

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B89VoOBGSCIWQzZRcU9pVGVKYkU

Virus scans

Long live Five M and the collectives

All credits go to the makers of LA roads and gta 5 mods link:

FYI just by downloading that and trying to use it, won’t work you need ArchiveFix if you want to do it yourself and run the rpf thru that

5 Likes

I tried running the road mod long time ago on server side made my whole server laggy and almost no textures appearing was a disaster lol but client side is good.

Very nice, I kinda forgot about this mod and was going to download it again, so you’ve saved me from having to use mega which constantly breaks with me.

1 Like

yea it can get really bad if you have a bad connection to the server that why the client version is way better cuz then it works for any server that you join that has the stock map ,the server sided version the textures load as a user gets to that specific part of the map and then they have to download that specific file for that part of the map so depending on their connection , file size all that can cause lag etc but after they download it then it should be fine but that can take time they would literally have to drive on every single road on the map and download the textures, thats why client its all there no download all lods when u load in

Literaly days after I thought this would be impossible because you would have to go into every folder and then convert all those files to FiveM , then you just release it on the forums!! Amazing!

@GanjaMonster hi , thank you for you Releases, i’m looking for jail modification if you can convert it to a fivem ressource

what kind of jail modification ?

this one for exemple

ill give it a try im sure object loader can do it as long as it does not require custom props , right now im trying to fix the client sided LA roads rpf it seems to be having issues loading but the server sided version works fine im sure i missed a step doing this i was trying to follow the NVRs structure to do this any ideas any one ?

i just tried this on my server and was thinking about releasing it as well if it ran good but it didnt run to good it was bad. thanks for converting it to client side . could you do a la vegetation one next?

Yeah for some reason this doesn’t work for me, not sure why. I literally waiting for it to download then drag and dropped it into the FiveM App Data folder. When I get in game the textures are the same as they were without it

2 Likes

have you been able to do the prison interio finally ? @GanjaMonster

1 Like

Got the same issue. @GanjaMonster

1 Like

@GanjaMonster Have you scaled down all the ytd files that are above 16mb?

1 Like

Server side one doesnt work either. It says couldn’t load resource

1 Like

some are over 16mbs but they work try deleting the cache

1 Like

i’ve already tried that. and i thought anything over 16mbs would give a zlib error, has that changed?

1 Like

also the client doesnt want to work for me either :confused:

1 Like

https://gyazo.com/cced26c9bc65454bcfca469968841a56

1 Like

@GanjaMonster I fixed it, for server side, i just renamed the “resource.lua” to “__resource.lua”

1 Like