[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

I can confirm that this resource is very good, for me it just needs some extra stuff because im running an rp server, when entering a clothing store if you wanna make changes, it would be cool if it charged you a set amount from your cash. Will try to implement it myself, if I succeed ill update.

you not meant to use esx_clothshop and esx_skin when using cui.

Working perfectly over here, just need the option to save multiple outfits and charge money for it then its basically done.

@Pained_Psyche
I think i resolved the problem with the Tattoo-related scripts. I tested with nxTattoes suggested by Noctuea in [RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character - #491 by Noctuea and it works fine! All the scripst that apply tattoo use this function for trigger the application of the selected tattoo: ā€œskinchanger:modelLoadedā€ but in cui_Character this function is not implemented. Basically in skinchanger this event is present for other scripts to trigger the application of more decoration on the ped. The solution i find is to add - TriggerEvent('skinchanger:modelLoaded') - on line 1348 after - isModelLoaded = true - in the file > cui_character\client\main.lua < , and all the scripts that neeed this trigger event will work fine. Itā€™s not necessary to populate ā€˜skinchanger:modelLoadedā€™ because is only present for compatibility issue. Iā€™m using Plume ESX on the server and all is working fine! This is a fantastic, well coded resource and iā€™ve tried a lot of other character editor before but noone is better than this.

2 Likes

So you mean here? image

Yes, exactly there. I forgot to say that > cui_character\client\main.lua < is the file to edit.

1 Like

Hi guys, im having a little issue, some player spawn invisible and they have to do /loadskin to fix it but if they die or disconnect from the server they will go invisible again.
They have this error in their console. Can anyone help ?

Edit: I got it to work. But Iā€™m having problems now when I restart the server and I login my character turns back and it doesnā€™t save any clothes / makeup but when I type ./character and cancel it reverts it back.

Hello There, for some reason i still have that same error where i cannot just save character and join again after registering without having to reregister every single time. I have tried updating both identity and cui character and that does not seem to do anything. The strange this is that i get no errors in console or anywhere else which i find VERY strange indeed when it looks like it has an error with getting the character, It saves all the changes the only error is that the menu opens up again after restart. Here is an example of what i mean.

I really hope someone can help, cause it is quite frustrating that nothing works haha :smiley:

Best Regards

1 Like

have you tried clearing cache and restart server? I have this in working fine remembers character creation etc? Maybe the previous character u had in database is causing issues.

For anyone having issues with characters being invisible when adding this:
-I cleared my players out of the sql db
-Cleared all cache
-Added TriggerEvent line per @Tigre652

Everything so far appears to be working great.

Works brilliantly, have it working with all my ESX jobs (So far) Only issue is, my player position, it saves in my DB however doesnā€™t get loaded up when joining, i always start at the job center, iā€™m not sure if itā€™s down to this script however, but it worked fine before installing.

Wonderful release, currently got the CUI Character working with 1.Final.

:slightly_smiling_face: If I may suggest the following quality of life features:

ā€¢ Outfit Saving
ā€¢ Input Parameters/Arrow Keys to Navigate
 - (Cycling through hundreds of peds via clicks can be painful)
ā€¢ Character Customization Fees

It would def complete this resource as a whole.

Thank you!

1 Like

How i can change spawn point? i edited fivem-map-hipster and skater

Evrything works really great so far but how i would be able to add the npcā€™s or custom peds ? How can i make that work with Cui ? I would appreciate some help on that, thank you !

My main goal now is to try and figure out how to have premade outfits for Police / EMS / Etc.

This just starting happening any solutions?

Is it just me, or is there three selections for the torso?
arms
arms_1
arms_2

No, there is only two. They are used in SetPedComponentVariation, where componentId is 3 for torso, drawableId is arms and textureId is arms_2. There is no arms_1.

At first I wanted to make it compatible with skinchanger, so I used the same data, but later on I understood that it will never be since skinchanger does not support any face shape customisations and some of those names are misleading, so it was a mistake in the end.

I should have renamed all of those clearly like I did with watches to lefthand and bracelets to righthand.

My issue with the arms, after adding those in, and adding the (crude) keyboard support, has been finding a way to add all the ā€˜blankā€™ hands arms.

The first selection is arms no gloves, but everything after that is gloves.
I recall other clothing scripts having multiple options of the ā€˜no glovesā€™ torso, each with their own separate uses for clipping, especially when using custom/3d modeled clothing.

If you have any hints that could point me towards the missing selections of ā€˜no gloves armsā€™ combos, instead of just having the one, I would LOVE to hear it hahaā€¦

1 Like