[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

@Pained_Psyche

Hello there!

Would it be possible, in any way, to add a toggle between Mouse and Keyboard Arrows for menu navigation?

Clicking the arrows to make your outfits is a mouse (and finger) killer!

Thank you!

Still waitin for gloves :eyes:

Check out:
ui/pages/optional/hair_male.html
ui/pages/optional/hair_female.html.

The hair indexes used here do not start at zero.

While researching this I found out that all the hairstyles are duplicated and starting at zero seems to be valid, but all the new hairstyles that Rockstar added past some point (like “Flattop” for male or “Neat Bun” for female) are not there at the end of that first block. This is why the only logical choice was to use the second block of hairstyles.

You can find the indexes in those html files, or you can check out this commit for a very clear picture.

It would, but it’s quite some work, since it needs tracking of what are you trying to modify when pressing a key.

To give an example:

• make the keys affect what you changed last with mouse (sloppy imho)
  • add a whole new ui layer where each of the options can be “selected”, with keyboard affecting that selected option

I will get to it once clothing system is improved.

Gloves are extremely hard to implement properly.

All the “arms” needed to be grouped with respect to two things:

• those that have the same “gaps” on the body (invisible parts)
  • those that have the same gloves on (and different invisible parts)

Then these pairings need to be mapped to actual clothing tops and queried in a smart way. Thankfully someone saved me a lot of work on at least a part of this process.

I’m trying to rework whole clothes system in cui_character, but it’s a huge slog so far.

Back when I first started exploring FiveM I was like:

This is an old project. Why the hell did nobody take care of proper character creation with no invisible parts selectable yet?

Now I get it… The whole “arms” thing (in the game metadata files and natives) is a huge mess with no clear mapping as to what gloves are what arms and what arms belong where. This all needs to be done manually and is just arduous.

2 Likes

I have often the problem that male randomly turning into females after they had wearing police outfits and then the game crashed they still have the police outfit on them and then changing into civil outfit they turn into females… skinchanger and esx_skin are removed

While researching this I found out that all the hairstyles are duplicated and starting at zero seems to be valid, but all the new hairstyles that Rockstar added past some point (like “Flattop” for male or “Neat Bun” for female) are not there at the end of that first block. This is why the only logical choice was to use the second block of hairstyles.

After my research and testing , i found out that starting from 0 then up to 78 is working. Yes there is some duplicated hair but there is also the missing hair i wanted to have on my server cause i replaced that hair with custom hair. Thank you for the quick answer and thanks for this great script you made !

I’m using cui_character and sometimes when I login, I appear in the default nothing skin. If I do /character and hit cancel, I’ll get my clothes back. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks.
EDIT: I fixed this by deleting everything from both esx_skin and skinchanger EXCEPT for fxmanifest. I left both modules running in my server.cfg. Since then, cui_character has run flawlessly.

After a While trying to figure out why I was stuck on character creation without a UI for it and no movement available. I’ve found out why, the version I need from ex_extension is the most recent one and the one on the CUI is the older one. Is there documentation on the CUI system that I can use to convert it?

@Pained_Psyche
Hey Pained!

So we made it so it works with arrows :open_mouth:
But we also converted it for a different framework, and added the arms.

I’m not sure if you want me to post it somewhere?
Wouldn’t have been possible without you!

1 Like

Hello there, i am trying to make this CUI Character work, and i really like it. It start up perfectly and i can create my character without a problem also it creates the character in the database just fine. I just have one problem. Everytime i join the server the menu comes up just like when i registered in the start, the difference is just everything here is already setup with name, data and everything else, it is really quite strange. Have anyone experienced this before or could know how to fix it?

As you can see in the picture this is how i spawn after having registered already.

I hope someone could help, thank you very much in advance.

i would like to know it :slight_smile:

I would also like to know it :grin:

download original version and upgrade to esx_identity, this fix my problem… now my esx_clotheshop not work :confused: … someone have fix esx_clotheshop work with cleanui character?

I can confirm that this resource is very good, for me it just needs some extra stuff because im running an rp server, when entering a clothing store if you wanna make changes, it would be cool if it charged you a set amount from your cash. Will try to implement it myself, if I succeed ill update.

you not meant to use esx_clothshop and esx_skin when using cui.

Working perfectly over here, just need the option to save multiple outfits and charge money for it then its basically done.

@Pained_Psyche
I think i resolved the problem with the Tattoo-related scripts. I tested with nxTattoes suggested by Noctuea in [RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character - #491 by Noctuea and it works fine! All the scripst that apply tattoo use this function for trigger the application of the selected tattoo: “skinchanger:modelLoaded” but in cui_Character this function is not implemented. Basically in skinchanger this event is present for other scripts to trigger the application of more decoration on the ped. The solution i find is to add - TriggerEvent('skinchanger:modelLoaded') - on line 1348 after - isModelLoaded = true - in the file > cui_character\client\main.lua < , and all the scripts that neeed this trigger event will work fine. It’s not necessary to populate ‘skinchanger:modelLoaded’ because is only present for compatibility issue. I’m using Plume ESX on the server and all is working fine! This is a fantastic, well coded resource and i’ve tried a lot of other character editor before but noone is better than this.

2 Likes

So you mean here? image

Yes, exactly there. I forgot to say that > cui_character\client\main.lua < is the file to edit.

1 Like

Hi guys, im having a little issue, some player spawn invisible and they have to do /loadskin to fix it but if they die or disconnect from the server they will go invisible again.
They have this error in their console. Can anyone help ?

Edit: I got it to work. But I’m having problems now when I restart the server and I login my character turns back and it doesn’t save any clothes / makeup but when I type ./character and cancel it reverts it back.

Hello There, for some reason i still have that same error where i cannot just save character and join again after registering without having to reregister every single time. I have tried updating both identity and cui character and that does not seem to do anything. The strange this is that i get no errors in console or anywhere else which i find VERY strange indeed when it looks like it has an error with getting the character, It saves all the changes the only error is that the menu opens up again after restart. Here is an example of what i mean.

I really hope someone can help, cause it is quite frustrating that nothing works haha :smiley:

Best Regards