[RELEASE] CleanUI (cui) character

It does save, make sure you follow all the steps in the installation. dont forget the skin column in sql also.

Working perfectly here on a plume build.

every time I enter the server, it appears to me to create the character.
How do I make it appear only the first time? sorry for my English

I too love the script BUT when we goto get into uniform we change genders and show up naked. I know weā€™ve all gotten used to working from home, but I donā€™t think anyone will respect a naked cop LOL. Lotā€™s of things use esx_skin so not sure how to solve this without re-writing every job script (not realistic).

I have tested esx_ambulancejob and esx_policejob and I see no problems other than what you asked in this post.

To fix your problem open esx_ambulancejob/client/main.lua and delete this part:

AddEventHandler("onClientMapStart", function()
	exports.spawnmanager:spawnPlayer()
	Citizen.Wait(5000)
	exports.spawnmanager:setAutoSpawn(false)
end)

Just for clarity, this isnā€™t related to cui_character in any way.

I donā€™t want to come across as rude or anything like that, but I get lots of this type questions in my message inbox almost everyday, so I have to askā€¦

How do people actually run servers if something this simple stops them?
What if your players request a simple change or tweak?

This is really necessary? The police cloackroom have a bug trying change skin. Please help.

why I donā€™t use my own clothes and how can I do that so that I have less clothes are really too much on it, someone can tell me how I can change it or remove it.

Hey , one quick question i got it to work with tattoshop, added arms categoriy , added the missing clothing its named ā€œCUSTOMā€ , fixed some stuf etcā€¦ But one thing i canā€™t research. The male/female hair , everything i do the missing hair is not showing up. Could you mayb explain it to me ?

3 Likes

how did you manage it with arms and custom clothes? do you have a way to share yours? would be correct of you

@Pained_Psyche

Hello there!

Would it be possible, in any way, to add a toggle between Mouse and Keyboard Arrows for menu navigation?

Clicking the arrows to make your outfits is a mouse (and finger) killer!

Thank you!

Still waitin for gloves :eyes:

Check out:
ui/pages/optional/hair_male.html
ui/pages/optional/hair_female.html.

The hair indexes used here do not start at zero.

While researching this I found out that all the hairstyles are duplicated and starting at zero seems to be valid, but all the new hairstyles that Rockstar added past some point (like ā€œFlattopā€ for male or ā€œNeat Bunā€ for female) are not there at the end of that first block. This is why the only logical choice was to use the second block of hairstyles.

You can find the indexes in those html files, or you can check out this commit for a very clear picture.

It would, but itā€™s quite some work, since it needs tracking of what are you trying to modify when pressing a key.

To give an example:

• make the keys affect what you changed last with mouse (sloppy imho)
  • add a whole new ui layer where each of the options can be ā€œselectedā€, with keyboard affecting that selected option

I will get to it once clothing system is improved.

Gloves are extremely hard to implement properly.

All the ā€œarmsā€ needed to be grouped with respect to two things:

• those that have the same ā€œgapsā€ on the body (invisible parts)
  • those that have the same gloves on (and different invisible parts)

Then these pairings need to be mapped to actual clothing tops and queried in a smart way. Thankfully someone saved me a lot of work on at least a part of this process.

Iā€™m trying to rework whole clothes system in cui_character, but itā€™s a huge slog so far.

Back when I first started exploring FiveM I was like:

ā€œThis is an old project. Why the hell did nobody take care of proper character creation with no invisible parts selectable yet?ā€

Now I get itā€¦ The whole ā€œarmsā€ thing (in the game metadata files and natives) is a huge mess with no clear mapping as to what gloves are what arms and what arms belong where. This all needs to be done manually and is just arduous.

2 Likes

I have often the problem that male randomly turning into females after they had wearing police outfits and then the game crashed they still have the police outfit on them and then changing into civil outfit they turn into femalesā€¦ skinchanger and esx_skin are removed

While researching this I found out that all the hairstyles are duplicated and starting at zero seems to be valid, but all the new hairstyles that Rockstar added past some point (like ā€œFlattopā€ for male or ā€œNeat Bunā€ for female) are not there at the end of that first block. This is why the only logical choice was to use the second block of hairstyles.

After my research and testing , i found out that starting from 0 then up to 78 is working. Yes there is some duplicated hair but there is also the missing hair i wanted to have on my server cause i replaced that hair with custom hair. Thank you for the quick answer and thanks for this great script you made !

Iā€™m using cui_character and sometimes when I login, I appear in the default nothing skin. If I do /character and hit cancel, Iā€™ll get my clothes back. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks.
EDIT: I fixed this by deleting everything from both esx_skin and skinchanger EXCEPT for fxmanifest. I left both modules running in my server.cfg. Since then, cui_character has run flawlessly.

After a While trying to figure out why I was stuck on character creation without a UI for it and no movement available. Iā€™ve found out why, the version I need from ex_extension is the most recent one and the one on the CUI is the older one. Is there documentation on the CUI system that I can use to convert it?

@Pained_Psyche
Hey Pained!

So we made it so it works with arrows :open_mouth:
But we also converted it for a different framework, and added the arms.

Iā€™m not sure if you want me to post it somewhere?
Wouldnā€™t have been possible without you!

1 Like

Hello there, i am trying to make this CUI Character work, and i really like it. It start up perfectly and i can create my character without a problem also it creates the character in the database just fine. I just have one problem. Everytime i join the server the menu comes up just like when i registered in the start, the difference is just everything here is already setup with name, data and everything else, it is really quite strange. Have anyone experienced this before or could know how to fix it?

As you can see in the picture this is how i spawn after having registered already.

I hope someone could help, thank you very much in advance.

i would like to know it :slight_smile:

I would also like to know it :grin:

download original version and upgrade to esx_identity, this fix my problemā€¦ now my esx_clotheshop not work :confused: ā€¦ someone have fix esx_clotheshop work with cleanui character?