Currently, build 1604, 2060 and 2189 are all functional. In addition to that, build 2189 was supported in a record 1 day (Merge branch 'feature/port-to-2189' into master-pub · citizenfx/[email protected] · GitHub - the same day as the update released, with actual network game functionality following 3 days later in tweak(shared): more reliable game build switching + 2189 support · citizenfx/[email protected] · GitHub).
- As per usual, the existing releases will all continue to work fine with the updated base game.
- On launch day, we’ll release the weekly production release after the update launches, with two changes to ensure compatibility:
- Delta patches from the new build down to 1604, 2060 and 2189 for fast initial downloads.
- Blocking of assets from the new update when loaded as user resource on older releases. This is blatant piracy, and also only led to various compatibility issues when the new release actually gets supported and used. This means you’ll have to wait, but we will hopefully hit the 1-week target for new release support fine.
- Within 1-2 weeks from release (2060 took 9 days, 2189 took 1-3 days), we’ll add the ability to enable the new build as a DLC level on your server. It however will probably have a number of unforeseen little regressions and issues, which is why it’s behind an opt-in.
- We may finally end up porting debug information to newer game builds, which hopefully should allow 2189 or the new build to be set as ‘default’ game launch option for new servers.
With the V next-gen update for PC only releasing in February 2022 or later, not much can be said about this. Portable game support (FiveM mobile) is still pending ‘someone having time to work on it’, where the same goes for using the same technology for Linux support and/or OneCoreUAP support such as Xbox SystemOS with dev unlock.
Sadly, Apple blocked JIT on iOS again, so no iOS port any time soon.