Environment questions

GTA V version: Latest
Up to date: yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: 10
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again? No
System specifications: High end streaming PC
CitizenFX crash zip file (‘Save information’ on a crash): CfxCrashDump_2021_08_25_23_35_00

logs/CitizenFX_log files: CitizenFX_log_2021-08-25T233357
.dmp files/report IDs:

If you can’t start the game at all

GTA V folder screenshot:
GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot:
Filepath to FiveM folder:
FiveM client folder screenshot:
Which antivirus/firewall software are you using? malwarebytes
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? yes

Important parts

What is the issue you’re having?
So the server I have been playing on was running on FiveM 1604 for awhile and the rockstar editor had no issues. It has recent updated to FiveM 2372 where now every clip I take on the server cannot open and my game crashes. I then tried to join a server with the same mods (their training server) that is still running 1604 and I have no issue with the rockstar editor. So from my perspective something with this new FiveM update is screwing up the rockstar editor and I wanted to see if anyone had some recommended fixes.

What are you trying to do? Use the rockstar editor

What have you tried already to fix the issue? I have swapped FiveM versions and determined it is an issue with the newest version of FiveM. I have used a clean GTAV and a clean FiveM to test this.

**Error screenshot (if any):**Imgur: The magic of the Internet

What did you do to get this issue? Tried to open a clip in the rockstar editor

What server did you get this issue on? Be specific and name some, ‘all of them’ by itself isn’t useful! I get this error playing on Tropical Heat Roleplay (ip:tropicalheatrp.com). Other servers such as the Busted servers ran by MythicalBro which are using an earlier FiveM version work fine in the editor.

Additional comments

I rely on the rockstar editor for my youtube channel and would really like to find a fix to this. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

1 Like

I also have the same problem + Crash error i dont have any solutions for it rn tried anything i think its an problem of cfx. they hopfully fix it in the next update.

I made a formal bug report because I haven’t seen anyone else reporting this issue but it’s happening to everyone I know on my server.

1 Like

Appears the function definition has changed for the networkBail function:

// "41 8B F1 41 8B E8 8B FA 8B D9 74 26", -0x1B
sub_141000F70(unsigned int a1, int a2, int a3, int a4, char a5) // 1604
sub_141044E4C(unsigned int a1, int a2, int a3, int a4, char a5) // 2189
// 80 3D ? ? ? ? 00 8B 01 48 8B D9 89", -0xD
sub_14104B0F0(__int64 a1, char a2) // 2372

In 2372 function takes a pointer to the struct/array (of the previous arguments with an added argument?).

My best advice adit all your clips before you update artifacts etc

Wait, how is this relevant? Are these people opening the editor from some server script command instead of the option in the main menu?

Being tracked anyway: Mismatch/force-disconnect will fail on 2245+ · Issue #920 · citizenfx/fivem · GitHub

1 Like

Yes (well, at least for the first two of his cases):

Join a server running 2372, take a clip, open rockstar editor (either through vmenu, esc or through replay editor it doesnt matter, try to open a clip

The crash occurs even if I open clips (other people too) from the main menu option as well.

1 Like

Some changes were pushed to canary this morning. Can you test if they fix your problem, and, if not, could you paste the (hopefully different) crash message.

1 Like

Okay so I joined the server with my client running canary and I got this crash message. It is different than before. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Would the server need to be updated too before it would work?

1 Like

@DamonOnYT and I face this odd bug too. I’ve just updated artifacts, not sure if that matters? will try canary now then update this comment.

No luck

1 Like

Seems an update was just pushed. somewhat fixes it

still crashing with latest artifacts :pensive:

Unless somebody else has insights, then a repro (a minified set of steps/resources/assets that guarantees issues at least some of the time) will be required. All your screenshot tells me is that a rage::fwArchetype is expected and instead nothing can be found: leading to a nullptr being accessed & deferenced.

I presume it is related to some server resource incorrectly unloading. Also, the Discord is loaded with 2189 editor-based crash messages, so I suppose if you have any repro’s for that build, this thread would be a good destination.

In my local tests, including streaming some of the more popular assets, I could use the replay editor and view clips fine (besides the oddities you would expect, e.g., non-cached assets that can no longer be downloaded in a HS_IDLE state and another unrelated something I’ll look into later).

1 Like

networkTimedOut is not being cleared when going from replayEditor → Main Menu → Connect to server.

This logic is bollocks anyway, should just get rid of networkTimedOut and stuff related to it entirely.

And another issue is that after disconnecting from a server (ordinary disconnect, not bailout). Unless you queue to ReloadGame prior to ShutdownSessionWrap ending, the client will be in a permanent "m_gameLoaded is true when it should be false" state.

Here’s a video of whats happening?

I’m running [Releases] [Free] Cayo Perico Improvements Freeroam 4.1.4 FXServer 4471 on Linux & Game build 2372. FiveM Canary Build aswell. I had no issues before the move to the newer game build and adding in the improvements for Cayo Perico. I’ve also tested on the latest recommended FXServer build and the same issues

Canary
CfxCrashDump_2021_09_06_03_54_32.zip (1.8 MB)

Stable (Release)
CfxCrashDump_2021_09_06_04_01_33.zip (1.7 MB)

Is that the only asset you are running on a vanilla server?

At one point I was capable of hitting this ERR_MEM_MULTIALLOC_FREE 0x141602830 (2372; x-reffed to 0x1415977DC on 1604). However, that was on a server dump with many custom, and likely broken, assets.

However, on a vanilla server with only CayoImprovements I can not. Maybe somebody else has insights into this one.