New FiveM Update Crashes Rockstar Editor

1. Client (production/canary) and FXServer version
    Client: Build 4380 Server: Build 2372
    (forgive me if those numbers aren’t the numbers that are actually needed. I know very little when it comes to this kind of stuff. I got the client # from my change logs section of the launcher and the server # from a screen telling me I needed to update to the new server version where “2372” was shown)

2. What you expected to happen
    When I record rockstar editor clips on the server I play on, I expected to be able to open them in the rockstar editor like I have been doing for a long time now without any issue.

3. What actually happens
    When I try to open a clip the game crashes. This happens to everyone on my server as well as people running the same version of FiveM on other servers (supported by people saying they have the same problem in my support ticket.) Additionally I tried joining my community’s training server which is an Older server version: 1604 and clips I take on that server work perfectly fine with the same assets.

4. Category of bug (eg. client, server, weapons, peds, native)
    Client?/Server

5. Reproducible steps, preferably with example script(s)
    Join a server running 2372, take a clip, open rockstar editor (either through vmenu, esc or through replay editor it doesnt matter, try to open a clip. When I do this it crashes with this message: Imgur: The magic of the Internet)

I did make a support ticket for this thinking it was a personal client problem before I realized it was more widespread to multiple people.

1 Like

Related thread: New FiveM Update - Crashes Rockstar Editor - #5 by gottfriedleibniz