ID Gun - Find out object coords, headings and hashes

What it does

Point any gun at an entity and get the position, heading, hash, and (for the most part) even the name displayed on screen, courtesy of @SleepingTears.

Toggleable via /idgun. Features and optional permission system (enabled by default) requiring the command.idgun ace. More info on the GitHub repo.

Print the info that’s on screen into your client console by just pressing E, provided another script hasn’t disabled it.

Looking for a resource with more features? Try my free Propinfo resource, featuring a UI, permissions, automatically updating prop lists for addon vehicles, and more!

Installation

Put the folder called pun_idgun into your resources folder, then refresh your resources and ensure the resource. You may rename the folder, I don’t care about that. You can also make changes and redistribute it if you want to, don’t care about that either.

Download

Download (Github)

Screenshots

22 Likes

Does it work on doors etc?

1 Like

Yes, that is what I have made it for initially!

4 Likes

Thank you for this :slight_smile::wink:

1 Like

Yesterday I was talking about how time consuming it is to get door coords and today I wake up to see this!! Thanks a lot mate :smiley: Is it possible to add model name in the future?

Hi, do you have a link to find the name of props with hash?

Sadly not, or at least for me. There is no function to get the name itself for anything other than cars. GTA uses an encryption to get the hash and you can reverse it, however that would have to be scripted in C# and I don’t really do much in that. If anybody does know how to do that then that would be awesome!

1 Like

Yes there is, use this list. Click on the small letters underneith “Objects” to see them. While this list was made for GTA IV, it should still work for GTA V.

Edit: Some map resources add custom objects, you can usually find their names in a .ytyp file under the tags <name>prop_name</name>.

It does not work for GTA V, many Hashes I found ingame and tried to look up in there don’t exist

1 Like

The list that I have linked might not work for every single hash, if you mean that. The resource gets the hashes from the actual game files though, so that will always be accurate. There was a program that used to work to revert the hashes on gta5-mods but I believe it stopped working. There’s another couple lists to use though:
Doors - GTA Net. Wiki

You’ll most likely be able to find pastebins of other hashes, sometimes searching the hash straight up in google will result in some results.

http://test.raccoon72.ru/
This page may seem kinda suspicious but it seems to have all the standard GTAV-Hashes with the ingame-names.

2 Likes

is not working

You’re right, for some reason it’s not working on those doors… I don’t know a way to fix this, but here’s the data about the doors:

Right door (Looking from the outside)
Position: X: -156.439, Y: -304.4294, Z: 39.99308
Prop name: “v_ilev_ch_glassdoor”
Hash: “2372686273”

Left door (Looking from the outside)
Position: X: -157.1293, Y: -306.4341, Z: 39.99308
Prop name: “v_ilev_ch_glassdoor”
Hash: “2372686273”

Even in codewalker I can’t seem to figure out the rotation.

Program for hash https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/hashtool

I just want to say THANK YOU!!!

Configuring beds in hospital for player to laydown automaticaly…your snipp gave me the correct coords, headings and bed hash…just copy/paste :slight_smile:

I activated it and see the place where the info must show. But how can i get the gun? With /idgun i have no gun in my hands

You have to get a gun somehow. You can use vMenu or any other Admin Menu.

2 Likes

is it also working on vrp?

It’s standalone, works on any server :slight_smile: