[How-To] Stream clothes and props as addons, for MP Freemode models

Hello grzybeek, for some reason I can’t get the p_lwrist model and texture to work on your ymt editor. I got the naming and declared it on the .ymt file but it doesn’t show up. I tested it with other vanilla models and it still doesn’t work. I got the p_eyes model and texture to work but for some reason the lwrist does not show up. Thanks in advance for your reply. Great job btw on this editor

1 Like

@WRXCharles Hey! Left/right wrists not working is a known bug, currently don’t have much time to fix that, but I’ll try to find some time in next week.

If you want to fix that manually, you have to edit ymt, editor saves wrists as ANCHOR_HEAD, and change that to ANCHOR_LEFT_WRIST

2 Likes

Just force the server to 2189 and call it a day :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hello! So I have tried this for earrings. I have done it many times over just to see if I did something wrong. It shows new slots but no textures and the earrings doesn’t show at all. Like i said I have checked many times and redone it many more. Still it doesn’t seem to work, do you have any ideas?

1 Like

@Twishes Hey! Are you sure you’ve named your earrings correctly? If you did them as “p_ears” it is considered as a prop, there is a little different naming for clothing props, it is said at the end of the tutorial.

1 Like

I did. :slight_smile: Do you get it to work correctly with earrings? If you get it to work maybe you can send me a file so i can see if it works? I have tried like over 10 times and not even kidding… :joy: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just tested by myself and it works fine for me, that’s how i have it set up.

Of course don’t forget about .meta file and fxmanifest :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man… I guess I got blind after a while when trying to figure out what I did wrong… I had an extra . in the name… ffs. Thanks! :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Im having issues with p_eyes

So i used Alt:V to create the package however it obviously doesn’t create the YMT, So ive downloaded YMT editor and created one

After doing this ive uploaded it to the Dev server and done the following

B8BwGFR7KN
cjDN7x547T
Ff7o2UssoV
NbFL67C2Y5
QmuaX1GbU3

But when i load into the city, I don’t have the extra slot and i also dont see the glasses

Where exactly am i going wrong

Note: This is a first time doing p_eyes

3 Likes

@Mr_Purge Hey! From what i know, alt tool does create YMT, there are a lot of different versions of it, and one works fine, others doesn’t.

Please stick to only one program when doing YMT’s/clothes (I can recommend using “Bulk Rename Utility” to rename a lot of files at once), on the screenshot of YMTEditor, I see at the top, that you are editing YMT generated from different tool which probably saves different name in one of “name” fields inside YMT file.

Best would be just creating YMT from scratch by clicking “New” in my YMTEditor and try to keep names lowercase (not sure if that does change anything, i’ve never tested it, but original GTA files are all lowercase)

If you really want to use that different tool mentioned earlier, please write DM to me and I’ll send you version edited by me which works 100%

1 Like

Some1 that had this Error yet ?

Error FiveM_b2189_GTAProcess.exe+5BEFD9

My Server is running on Game Build 2189
When i let the server load the new clothes, clients are crashing on loading in.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

@CyrX_93 Nope, I didn’t have any crash other than this reported already: SetPlayerModel Crash when have too much .ymts assigned to a ped model

Probably best would be creating another thread with that crash and repro resource so someone can check it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mate, fantastic program - thank you.
Have you considered a method of changing the hair bones for hats? right now I have to use your tool, then go into xml then back again which takes a bit of time.

Details: [How-to] Fix Addon hats
Only 3 options you would need are 0, -0.5 and -1 i guess for normal, pushed back and removed.
<expressionMods>0 0 0 0 0</expressionMods>
<expressionMods>-0.5 0 0 0 0</expressionMods>
<expressionMods>-1 0 0 0 0</expressionMods>

1 Like

@gatehead Hey, thanks!
Currently I’m working on update and there will be option to change expressionMods in YMTEditor - I didn’t include that before because I had small problems implementing that, now I’ve choosen different approach and it is working :slight_smile:

Update should be on github in few days, if you are using latest version you should get pop-up at opening editor that there is new version available.
There will also be option to generate creaturemetadata file, I’m going to write small tutorial how it works and how to use it!

1 Like

Well, new version is already available, it took much less time than expected :stuck_out_tongue:

New tutorial regarding how to do addon heels or hide hair with addon hat: [How-To] Create addon heels OR hide hair with addon hat

2 Likes

generating the creaturemetadata file sounds amazing, thank you mate I love your work.

1 Like

@grzybeek so I figured out where my problem was when you replied to someone else’s comment, of having the name be all lower case. This is actually true, I had my file and everything with all upper case letters and apparently GTA and FiveM don’t like that. Appreciate the helpful tool, it’ll help me out loads with development in the future.

Keep up the awesome work.

Best of wishes,
Strict
Meteor Design Works

1 Like

@Strict Yeah, I was wondering if that’s really necessary, I guess i have to force lowercase name in next update, thanks!

Hello again! Just a little question about pants. So if you make it with _r and _whi the quality is shit. But with _u and _uni it looks really nice but then the skin doesn’t work. Do you know if there is something we can do about it? :blush:

Hey, recently I’ve been talking with @nta about that, unfortunately that’s how GTA works. Bubble said it could be fixed perhaps, but not anytime soon sadly :frowning: Yet I have to create bug report thread about it, so it will be put on some to-do list maybe.

1 Like