[help] Making addon haircut working fine with HAT

Hello, I have a small question for those who know a lot about modding.

I’m looking to get hats to work properly with add-on hair. Currently the hair goes through the hats and it’s annoying.

I tried to look and make changes via the ymt but it seems to be a change that must be done even in the YDD of the haircut.

ld check this tutorial out and see if anything in there works for ya

this tutorial its for addon hat with hair and not addon hair with hat. i dont need to fix hair with addon hat but fix addon hair with hat.

pedalternatevariations.meta seems responsible for this.

1 Like

As in the post that another user attached, the author states that you need to make hair with a special bone , MH_Hair_Scale .

Exactly like other users mentioned, you either have to create pedalternatevariations.meta or edit .ydd and add bone which is probably missing in your addon hair.

Probably first option will be better if you have no idea how to edit .ydd’s (you can copy any “empty” .ydd that is already in GTA) and create pedalternatevariations.meta file (I think there isn’t any tutorials how to do such, you would have to find out by yourself). But be careful with that .meta file, unfortunately using it to a lot of hairstyles might be a problem (I’ve tried using it once, and about ~80k lines will crash your game - it is like x4 more than any original file has)

2 Likes

thank guys, I will look at this famous file pedalternatevariations