[Game Mode] LITE Transportation | Trucking-oriented game mode

LITE Transportation

This is a lightweight gamemode with a simple goal in mind; trucking.

Taking on inspiration from the Truck Simulator series, and similar modifications to previous Grand Theft Auto titles, it offers simple and easy-to-understand gameplay.

The gamemode is running (“less than”) the bare minimum needed for a FiveM server, and a custom framework. No extra content is streamed, only making use of the content provided by the game.

Download

Available for download on GitHub:

Existing server

This gamemode is being hosted and developed, the “official” server can be found here:

Contributions

Contributions are appreciated

How to install

The repository includes the server_main.cfg, server.cfg and the resources/ folder.

• Install FXServer as you would normally
  • Do not install the cfx-server-data resources, but create the server-data folder
  • Add the contents of this repository within the server-data folder
  • Configure the server_main.cfg config file to your liking
  • Make a launch file that runs the server_main.cfg file, not server.cfg

How to play

Getting started you are put in a van, your only goal at this point is to locate a nearby job and complete it.
Upon completing a couple jobs, you should be able to afford a better vehicle.
By purchasing new vehicles, you can earn more from your jobs.

Gameplay Tips can be found by pressing F7 at any time while in-game.

Features

Dynamic jobs

All players have access to the same pool of jobs, no players are given a different set of jobs at any point in time.
Upon completing a job, it is no longer possible to start it again, and a new job is generated.
Several players can do the same job, even after it is no longer available, as long as it was started before a player completed it.

Progression

Progression is all about upgrading your equipment and purchase new vehicles.
The bigger and better the vehicle is, the more you get paid per job.
Completed deliveries are tallied, and at certain milestones you will be shown more information about each available job, making it easier for you to determine which jobs you wish to do.

Quick Travel

Quick Travel allows you to quickly move around the map, it is free while you are not currently on a job.
Desinations will be shown on your radar while in the quick travel menu.

Cruise Control

An adaptive cruise-control that actively tries to match your set speed, it allows for easy re-adjustment on the fly.
Damaged vehicles may fail to match the speed, and the cruise control will automatically disengage.

Fuel

All vehicles consume fuel over time, this can be replenished at any Fuel Station or at a Service Station.
These are all marked on the map.
Fuel is optional, and can be disabled by the player.

No-collision

Player to player collision is disabled at all times, so other players cannot interfere with your gameplay.

Customization

Your vehicle colors can be changed, both cab and trailer will share the color scheme.

In-game Settings

A settings menu is available, this lets you adjust the HUD, such as the Minimap Anchor (and everything that comes with it).
It also allows game rules to be changed, such as the fuel system.

Loading Screen

A simple but functional loading screen is included as well.

Media

Roaming

During a delivery

Game Settings

Delivery information on the map

Quick Travel menu and radar

Vehicle Mod Shop / Respray menu

Vehicle Shop menu

Administrator Notes

Administrator Features

Any account set as an Administrator has access to a menu (F1), where they can kick, ban and teleport players.
Bans cannot be reversed without manually unbanning the player by modifying save files.

Administrators can also teleport to their waypoint by pressing (F3).

Adding Administrators

In-game Administrator accounts can be granted by using the op <id> command.
IDs can be obtained using the status command.

Developers note

This is not a perfect project, nor does it try to be.
It was initially made with a gimmic in mind; “zero” resources. This means the entire gamemode is basically pressed into a very small room.
An advantage is that there is very little need for cross-resource events and such, even though the “framework” and the “gamemode itself” is separate.

As this does not utilize a database, it may be impossible to find specific player files.
This also means that it is not possible to run the same saves on multiple physical servers.

There’s an in-game feature to get the players current location in the format used in the code, as an Administrator you press (F5), and it should be added to the resources/sessionmanager/admin/coords.txt file.

Credits

Server Development

Built by @glitchdetector, with additional code and input by @Syntasu

Menu System (WarMenu)

Created by @WarXander,

Scaleform System (Instruction Buttons)

Created by @sadboilogan

Area System (Paradise-Area)

Created by @Demonen

HUD Anchor (Minimap Anchor)

Created by @glitchdetector

Blip Information System (Blip Information Display)

Created by @glitchdetector

sorry for tagging you guys again so quickly lol

9 Likes

This is awesome, totally making a server with this.

You big mother trucker you :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! Already setting up a server :smile:

Nice job on this :slight_smile:

Umm, everything resets when I relog.

I dont know if this is an issue or if it doesn’t exist. But player data doesn’t save when he leaves and rejoins or when server is restarted.

Can you just clarify if this is an issue or if its persistence is not a feature.

Thanks @glitchdetector

This is most likely because the directly does not exist, make sure it does.
hardcap/data/players/

Awesome mate, cheers that worked. Just saying think it would be best to include that in the description or something seeing as the script doesn’t automatically create it.

One other important thing is. Allowing player to player collision. I’ve changed some stuff to get it to work; though no luck. Any pointers you can give?

Thank you again!

I initially intended the service areas to be no-collision and everything else to have collision, but I didn’t have much luck re-enabling collisions properly. If you yeet the entire no-collision system you should be good. Although keep in mind that players may end up respawning inside each other over and over again.

Apologies about this. I’m totally undoing some of the stuff you have done.

Where and what script do you put the ped in the vehicle at spawn + where do you remove the option of getting out the vehicle @glitchdetector

Thanks

Hey i tried to use this it worked fine but one issue when you say have 23 k and a different vehicle and relog it resets you and gives you 6000 you know why?

Seems like the player data folder was never created, and trying to save to it doesn’t create it automatically.
I’ve updated the repository with a folder and a blank file, but you can manually create it under hardcap/data/players/

alrighty thanks man! ill try it out and let you know how it goes!

Hey tested it it works fine! You think you will ever get back to working on this script? Or add features like if player has X Vehicle (like benson or pounder or semis) they get More jobs on their map? Also if you continue working on this ill test all updates you do i believe in this script! I will love to help out!