Here is DriftV, to make it short, DriftV was my idea of a competitive drift server. The problem is, I’m very bad at running a server, and so the server never got the “populatity” I would have liked it to be.
Anyway, here I am today, I decided to share my creation because I think it would be silly that all my work falls into total oblivion when well, I spent a lot of time working on it haha!
This “base” is literally plug and play, no database to set up, I was using the rockdb system (kvp) to save all the data, I know it’s not the best system at all, but I had done so at the time. Feel free to make a PR on the github to add a mysql system
EDIT: MYSQL Version is in dev.
I think I’m going to forget some things because it’s been a while since I’ve touched this code, but here are all the features I remember!
You have to drift to earn money and buy other vehicles in the shop!
A progression system was needed, so I created a level system that you can increase by drifting!
I wanted a team system for the competitions, so I imagined a crew system with a management / statistics / possibility to face other crew in drift battle / leaderboard
I started to play around with DrawRect, so using that logic I did create a scoreboard worth the GTA V ONLINE style in mind
As said above, the server was working with an economic system, so there was a store based on vehicle tiers
Nothing special, but it did the job haha
I noticed that a lot of drift servers had a “time trial” system which I thought was silly for drift based servers and not … racing
So I did something similar, but with drift points, I called it “Drift trials”.
The system takes into account your drift points but also your time to give a final score and place you in a unique leaderboard per map
As said above, I had a lot of fun with the DrawRect, I had fun creating UI with it and I finally made my lobby with it.
The only thing I don’t like is that at the time I didn’t make the controls via mouse, so you have to navigate using the arrows.
A garage system with all your vehicles on display, this is where you can customize them!
Custom drift counter
Far from perfect, I’m not used to doing HTML / CSS
Showcase video made by community member:
I think I have covered the main information.
I know it’s quite special as a release, I hope it will be useful for some of you who manage drift servers, don’t hesitate to tell me, I will visit your server with pleasure !
( main ressource = [gamemode] → driftv )
- During a crew war, if both parties have 0 points, the game will never end.
- The music during the first animation when you join the server may not play for an unknown reason
- When we get to the personal garage, it can freeze for a fraction of a second / a few seconds depending on the number of vehicles. Certainly a too big load on the client who loads all the vehicles and applies all the modifications.
- Added mysql option to save player data
- Fixed an issue where identifier where not checked before connecting, allowing player to connect without having steam open if you use steam to save data.
- Added few others option on the config file
- Fixed an issue with driftV ressource name causing issue on loading
- Added player name to db
- Updated sql
- Possible fix for crew wars being stuck with both side at 0 score
- Fix for passive mod