Alt+Tab out / in freezes

So I tried to do everything I could to make it crash but it just stays frozen and all I see is a black screen. I let it sit for 5-10 min and the game actually came back (in windowed mode) this is so strange. It also changed my resolution to 800x600 and refresh rate to 60 from 165.
Also dont have any graphics mods whatsoever.

EDIT: It only changed back to windowed mode and reverted to 800x600 in Canary.

Can you save and upload a dump from task manager then? :confused:

1 Like

Uploading it right now, going to take a minute. If theres anything else I can do to help please let me know.
Edit: Just fyi for me if you tab out and back into the game quickly it doesn’t seem to have any issues but if you wait a little while before opening the game window again that’s when it freezes and goes to a black screen.

What are your specs and what refresh rate + resolution are you using? If some people really aren’t having this issue I want to know what we have in common that (might) be causing it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh1xwBw3LTXNc20U0yrRwisiF9cTeoi_/view?usp=sharing

Here you go let me know if theres any issues or anything else I can do. I really really hope I can get this working in the near future :frowning_face:

Seemingly an infinite loop somewhere in Scaleform code (attachMovie function call), fairly odd. Will investigate further shortly.

172343f2-2b78-4f1b-8230-ba2bd4788427.dmp (6.1 MB)

Jhon Doe left (Timed out after 60 seconds (1, 0))

That file nor message are even… related. Huh?

As to this message, it seems somewhat related to the game radar logic reloading (it’s freezing while adding GOLF overlay to the minimap).

This sounds a lot like what this other post claimed as related:

Are you folks with issues using any custom ‘street maps’ that are using the ‘wrong’ way of editing mapzoomdata or minimap.ymt?

1 Like

Sory if i mistake , i 2-3 day in windowed state, when i go on fullscren and alt+tab after, fivem crash with this error on log and only this file i find in app data /crashes

That’s not a crash, at best a hang, so you don’t find a file in the ‘crashes’ directory.

Seemingly a race condition in the end where something gets a corrupted list of queued ActionScript actions. Without a repro, sadly, that makes it fairly difficult to cause/fix. :confused:

So I decided to do a little bit of testing or messing around on a blank test server and found that the hud or map hud is what’s causing this. If you change the hud to a circle or add a colored minimap with roads this seems to cause the hang for me. If you used something like the Forza 4 minimap: [RELEASE] Forza Horizon 4 Minimap or the Cosmo hud on here: [Release][ESX][Free] Cosmo HUD and Speedometer
Both caused hangs for me but without them it seems to work fine when I tab out and back. So I’m curious if this is the same for others, if not then I think I’m going to try a Windows restore and resinstall GTA and Fivem and everything fresh and hope that might help. Please let me know, thanks!

I have Pepe HUD for Fivem also circle hud, maybe this a problem after last FiveM update, on my server this work ok last 6 monts until this critical FiveM update.

Maybe this good point for developer for try find some fix … thanks @syltannnn for sugestion

when freeze only one fivem process not respoding

45ddc029-f03e-41a8-95a0-44e6bbd9e83b.dmp (9.4 MB)

this dump file after this freez and fivem crash after

Jhon Doe left (Timed out after 60 seconds (2))

That’d probably do it, lol, that likely breaks the game’s ability to handle the minimap automatically when changing resolution. Not sure why they use that instead of a normal way to get the current minimap. :confused:

1 Like

I believe you are right here. Although this was never a problem before 2 weeks ago so that’s really strange. If you try it on a blank server do you also have the same issue or is it still limited to certain people for some reason? What would be the correct way to get the minimap?

Thanks!

I haven’t had a chance to test or diagnose this specific flow yet, mainly as debugging full-screen apps requires me to use a remote debugger (which seems broken at this time) or a multi-monitor system, neither of which I have at hand right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.