Alt+Tab out / in freezes

Well I’ve been playing FiveM for a few months now with no issues. Last two day, when I tried to Alt+Tab out to check something else and tab back in the client freezes. Only thing I can do is force close the client through task manager.

Anyone know how to fix the freezing when I Alt+tab?

I’ve tried clearing cache and re installing FiveM multiple times.

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

I’ve been having the same exact issue and I assume anyone else that uses Fullscreen (exclusive) has as well. Seems to have no fix so just hope it will get resolved in the future.

I em server owner, not only me, and not only on my server, i try couple another … I reinstal FiveM, couple times, update nvidi driver on last game driver … this new update FiveM issuse ?

Sory for bad english …

dumbest thing you could have done :man_facepalming:

try turning off pause game on focus loss and maybe making it windowed fullscreen

Man i try one milion solution … i know this dumbest, but nothing dont help me to fix this …

Pause game on focus loss doesn’t do anything. Yes we can all just use windowed mode or windowed borderless (“Fullscreen” in Fivem) but that just defeats the purpose of the issue we are trying to get resolved. I’ve tried everything myself and don’t think there’s anything we can do except just wait until they push a fix for this issue.

@ deterministic_bubble Its possible to fix this for us , a good people with BIG problem … please, i buy you beer when you come to Serbia :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grimacing: i think he would like more repro steps etc…

yeah, someone should for example provide a dump file from taskmgr while the game is hung.

it doesn’t repro here, alt-tab in exclusive mode works 100% fine for me

I click rigt click on process and selekt Save Dump this a 10 gb file … and FiveM crash me :frowning:

You need this file ? I probably didn’t get you right.

if fivem crashed there should be a crash file saved

ive been trying to repro this for about 20 minutes now but no luck :confused:

1 Like

Do you have ENB?

2 Likes

… don’t say that trash is yet again back to causing weird issues for people? :confused:

So I tried to do everything I could to make it crash but it just stays frozen and all I see is a black screen. I let it sit for 5-10 min and the game actually came back (in windowed mode) this is so strange. It also changed my resolution to 800x600 and refresh rate to 60 from 165.
Also dont have any graphics mods whatsoever.

EDIT: It only changed back to windowed mode and reverted to 800x600 in Canary.

Can you save and upload a dump from task manager then? :confused:

1 Like

Uploading it right now, going to take a minute. If theres anything else I can do to help please let me know.
Edit: Just fyi for me if you tab out and back into the game quickly it doesn’t seem to have any issues but if you wait a little while before opening the game window again that’s when it freezes and goes to a black screen.

What are your specs and what refresh rate + resolution are you using? If some people really aren’t having this issue I want to know what we have in common that (might) be causing it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh1xwBw3LTXNc20U0yrRwisiF9cTeoi_/view?usp=sharing

Here you go let me know if theres any issues or anything else I can do. I really really hope I can get this working in the near future :frowning_face: