vMenu

I reverted the NativeUI changes and just scrapped the native ui controls handling all together. Button presses are now handled by vMenu itself, including the consecutive repeats speedup behavior.

Still need some more cleaning up and testing but after that it should work just fine.

2 Likes

great job @Vespura i love the menu

1 Like

@Vespura is there a way to take the weather & time script out completely as i already have a vsync and dont need this option

1 Like

Yes just add set vMenuDisableTimeAndWeatherSync 'true' to your server.cfg

And I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

vMenu v1.0.3 (small update, just bugfixes/improvements)

• Fixed fast scrolling bugs caused by NativeUI’s control handling. This is now moved to my own code so vMenu has full control over button press speeds.
  • Applied a similar fix to the opening of the menu when using a controller.
  • Removed some debug code that was leftover from testing.

Download here https://github.com/TomGrobbe/vMenu/releases/tag/v1.0.3 or here vMenu-v1.0.3.zip (442.7 KB)

5 Likes

Vespura, I am having an issue setting up my permissions. setting anything .ALL to deny is also denying perms to admins? Maybe I misunderstood something somewhere on how to set it up. I just want the menu to be used by only admins.

Edit: I have added myself as an admin, by IP, or do I need to do this by steamID?

1 Like

Nope, this shouldn’t matter (even though IP’s are not the preferred Identifier to use). However, if you only want this menu to work for admins, and for nobody else. Simply remove every permission and add vMenu.Everything only to the admin group. Everything else wil automatically be granted for admins, and denied for regular users.

So your permissions.cfg file should look something like this:

add_principal identifier.<steam|license|ip>:<identifier_here> group.admin
#... just add as many identifiers as you need, following the example above.

add_ace group.admin "vMenu.Everything" allow
2 Likes

Actually delete the perms or just deny them?

Ty for the fast reply, you’re awesome!

1 Like

Deny doesn’t really do much when you’re only giving the “allow” permission to admins anyway. Because by default (aka, don’t setting the permission in the first place) will always be “deny”.

So you can just leave it out :wink: The only thing players will be able to do is access the “About” menu, as there’s no way to disable that menu without editing the code and compiling it yourself.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will edit some things and give it a shot.

Btw, loving this menu. <3

2 Likes

@Vespura how do you change the weather and time?

1 Like

Using the menu?

Just go to the Weather Options or Time Options buttons in the main menu.

If you don’t see them, then you haven’t setup your permissions correctly or you disabled weather/time sync.

2 Likes

Couple other “must have’s” I thought of that would make this a perfect replacement for Lamba and Simple Trainer both.

Multiplayer ped facial customization options and tattoo options. With these currently missing, saving an existing menu’s ped into vMenu and spawning it back in ends up resetting all the facial features.

NPC ped spawning: can we perhaps have it as a Lambda-esque style menu where they are just listed by a user-friendly name as opposed to their actual model name?

2 Likes

Would be possible, if there’d actually be a good “user friendly” name available for every model, without having to name each one myself.

I’m not sure if this will ever be added, but I’ll add it to my list.

1 Like

WOW

That is an amazing release, keep up the good work :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

so I set myself as an admin and I have access to nothing? and I set myself as a nonadmin user a user and I still don’t have access to the one menu I left avail for players… Am I confused?

Absolute Legend, well done! <3

1 Like

That would actually be great if both of these made it in. Perhaps is it possible to use Lambda’s existing list of NPC Names?

maybe, but I’m not 100% sure if it’s in the right order compared to my list, will take a look though.

Can you pm me your permissions.cfg file? that’s a lot easier to check out compared to a gif.

2 Likes

dumb question / n00b question. I am using vRP and am very new to fivem and modifications so I only know of groups from vRP menu. How does one add themselves to the admin / moderator group in permissions, and if it revolves around that steam identifier string, how do I find out what the users are?