[Tool] ToolKitV - Optimize your textures

Umbrella Toolkit - Optimize your textures(Clothes, Cars, etc.)

Hi guys, last 3 weeks I have been working on this program, at the moment you can easily optimize textures of your server with it, but there are many more options in the plans

Small guide:

• Select textures folder(it’s can be just server resources folder)
  • If you want to do backup(i recommend it), select existing backup folder
  • You need to set optimize size, by default optimize size is 4k, so all textures which is bigger or 4k, will be optimized, and you can click on Only oversized textures, it’s mean only ytd’s which bigger than 16 MB(physical size) will be checked, and if textures inside bigger than optimize size, it will be optimized
  • Optimization method Downsize/Format optimization, you can choose both, but format optimization can add noise and distort colors in some cases(I recommend choosing it only when you need to optimize your textures as much as possible)
  • After that, click on Analyze button, wait for a few seconds(or maybe more, depends how many textures you have and how fast is your disk), and you will be able to see the statistics of your files, at the moment the most important thing is Oversized Files, the more the worse(maybe in the future I will add statistics more etc.)
  • So click Optimize, and wait until the end, after that your textures optimized :slight_smile:

Plans

• Opportunity for optimize/join/download-convert vehicles
  • Clothes, add tools for convert replace clothes to add-on, clothes editor/creator(meta)

Download:

Source code:

My other releases:

87 Likes

This is dope!! Really stoked to see what happens with the vehicles.
Also free!! Many thanks from the community!

3 Likes

Love the idea.

But the optimization field feels like it’s hmm not a good way to handle resizing, would be better with more controle.

If the program checked for Current Width and Height, and you set a max size so if i had a 4096x2048, it would take the first value in to account, so if i asked for it to only be 1024 max width, it would downscale to 1024x512

1 Like

Good idea and nice UI, we’ll see how it goes.

3 Likes

Im’a have a look, can’t want to see what it’s like :grin:

4 Likes

I don’t fully understand what you mean, but now the first time it’s resize it to 2048x1024, and if you press it again and change optimize size field value, it’s changed to 1024x512

:+1: GJ bro

1 Like

Nice work, bro :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

2 Likes

Nice tool :slight_smile: But how do i use it? :confused:

so this would take any .ytd? or specific files?

1 Like

How to run this program? me show this:

1 Like

any .ytd

1 Like

You’re trying to open the VS Project and not the actual program. Go back to the release section on the OP Github and download the .exe (executable file) and run it. It’ll automatically update to the latest version. The source is only available due to this being an open-source project but for the normal users, just download the exe and use it via there. No need to re-compile it for each update

4 Likes

Damn, thank you for this usefull tool!

2 Likes

Mine is doenst open any help?

2 Likes

then me shows this :smiley:

1 Like

amazing work

2 Likes

awesome work this is a great tool

2 Likes

Great job. I dig your design choice.