The Apocalypse Project - V1.0.6 [UPDATED 18/09/2026]

Good Morning everyone.

I’ve been converting some GTA V Map mods for FiveM and I’ve decided to share what I have.
I’m aware of the bugs the map currently has but I’ll eventually fix them and update them.
Also, currently looking for people to help on the project to fix missing components and ymaps disappearing on tunnels.

[ PROJECT ]

Currently, I’m building a Zombie RolePlay server with loads of ideas coming from the Multi Theft Auto \ SA-MP times.
If you’re a developer willing to contribute shoot me a pm on Discord:
XanderP#6037

☕ Support The Apocalypse Project

If you’d like to support future fixes and updates:

Buy Me a Coffee

Completely optional — feedback and bug reports help a lot too. :heart:

[ PICTURES ]








[ DOWNLOAD ]

Current version

v1.0.4 — IPL Compatibility, Map Stability & Bridge Restoration

📜 Changelog (Auto‑Updated from GitHub)

v1.0.4

  • Expanded the project-owned Apocalypse IPL loader with Bob74-style base IPL compatibility.

  • The Apocalypse IPL loader remains enabled by default and can be disabled in its config for servers that deliberately use another IPL loader.

  • Fixed IPL-related loading issues around O’Neil Ranch, Paleto Bay industrial areas, and other affected vanilla interior zones.

  • Replaced Fall of the Bridge with the untouched original FiveM v1.1 release.

  • Moved Fall of the Bridge into its own apocalypse-fall-of-the-bridge resource, matching the original mod’s intended setup.

  • Restored the original bridge collision, occlusion, and vanilla map-override YMAPs.

  • Removed previous experimental bridge conversions, duplicate map layers, and bridge cleanup workarounds.

  • Added The Last of Us map content as its own resource.

  • Added the selected 2ManyYears bridge content.

  • Replaced the Stab City / The Lost area with the selected The Lost version.

  • Removed Vinewood Hills from active resources while it remains WIP.

  • Updated documentation and credits for newly included map content.

IPL loader compatibility

Keep the included IPL loader enabled for the intended experience.

If your server already uses bob74_ipl or another IPL loader, you may disable ours in the configuration. Only do this when your existing loader is correctly configured for the same interiors; otherwise, some interiors may load incorrectly, incompletely, or become unstable.

:fire: Latest Commit

GitHub last commit

:chart_increasing: Commit Activity

GitHub commit activity

:puzzle_piece: Full Commit History

:counterclockwise_arrows_button: Compare Changes

:satellite_antenna: RSS Feed (Live Updates)

https://github.com/Arcainex/The-Apocalypse-Project/commits/main.atom

Performance and stability

  • Reduced long-distance wreck-car streaming: 3,507 wreck props now use a maximum 350m LOD distance.

  • Moved backup assets out of streamed content, so clients no longer download them.

  • Cleaned up old YTYP registrations and migrated the remaining legacy manifest.

New resource layout

The old four-folder install has been replaced with a cleaner zone-based layout:

  • apocalypse-core — shared props and archetypes

  • apocalypse-los-santos

  • apocalypse-blaine

  • apocalypse-infrastructure

  • apocalypse-statewide

  • apocalypse-interiors

The project still starts with one line:

ensure [the_apocalypse_project]

Project stats

Item Current total
YMAPs 163
Static map entities 63,925
Streamed files 529
Map resources 6
Exact duplicate placements 0

Notes

The map resources are now split by purpose and region for easier testing and future optimization. The heavier statewide and highway content will be the focus of the next performance pass.

Credits

Contributors:

  • Savolent
  • denedwin
  • miltonalves
  • YopatPA
  • All_NightGamer
  • Limu
  • MrAvenue
  • Fr0zzty23
  • Guristas
  • Michal10d#1572
  • Crazy city
  • roosybigmods
  • Ultimate ShotHD
  • ManuGammer
  • RDK_Ulman
  • JohnnyMillion
  • Tobaklo, Yougi
  • hadinajafi77
  • Stuart688
  • Azpect-YT
  • Axel Fala

Special thanks to those who kept the project alive:

(If you find your map here and it’s in the credits please contact me straight away to add you here. I wasn’t expecting to ever make this a release so I didn’t save every author’s names)

56 Likes

How do you put so many working cars? It only lets me have it out like 12 then it crahses gtav

1 Like

Great project. Hope you keep updating it :+1:

4 Likes

Instead of making 1 resource per xml file I have, I get them by sections.
Maps weren’t made by me, I simply convert them.

Thank you so much. I’ll be checking bugs and fixing them myself till I start adding more ymaps

1 Like

Good job ! Keep up the good work ! :zombie:

3 Likes

Thank you bud!

Hey man, I have a question. do you get sometime some YMAP files which are not opening completely? I have some (not yours, others), loaded I think properly on the localhost server, and when I start the server and go to their location to check the rendering, I have bits, or lots of bits missing (like a restaurant with only tables and windows, no walls). I have only the YMAP, and the .lua, so not a lot I can work with to try fixing. I asked you as"friend" on discord so we can chat (AiBee#9884).

It’s normal since some of those maps use props that are not vanilla.
The fix I’m currently looking is to stream those props to the server in a single script
I’ll make the fix somewhere this week and I’ll push it to the community (I’ll make a dependency of this project as well)

1 Like

ok, I understand, thanks for helping. And this script would be to be included in the stream folder or something for Ymap not linked to your server ? Anyway, please let me know if you can about that. Thanks

2 Likes

If you’re using the apocolypse maps I think you are, then the black squared cars around Legion are actual props, not glitches. I can’t remember the exact prop name, but if you open the xml in code walker, you can just replace them. Save the ymap and you’re good to go.

The Fort Zancudo tunnel glitch is a weird one, I’ve had that happen. I though it was due to a dodgy xml/ymap, so I made my own maps (one in menyoo and the other in code walker). Both had the exact same issue. Looked good on the out side, but as soon as you enter, the props would either vanish, or loose texture.

Yep, the underground ymaps is quite a weird glitch.
Regarding the black vehicles I know they are addon props since it was specified when I downloaded the map. I need to get those props streamed to FiveM as soon as I get hold of them

The only thing provided here is the maps.
My Zombie RP server is under development and it will take at least a month to finish.

força nisso

2 Likes

Obrigado! :slight_smile:

Great idea actually, don’t think I’ve seen something like this before

1 Like

Can you list exactly where to find stuff zombie related on your maps.
I have found the Zancudo tunnel and the Metro which indeed glitch. Entrance of the Metro is having grasses and treees, but once in it, I saw one fire and invisible objects blocking my PED, but don’t know what.
I saw the derailed train on the way to Paleto. On half the rd, toward Paleto, AI cars go through the train. On the way toward SandyShore, they are blocked by the train. the only obstacle would be the rocks on the ground which make the car flying through the train
2 or 3 rusty cars within Paleto and gas station with full of weeds on building

The Weed Farm is showing nothing (as compared to your picture)

Sandy Shore, I saw only the trees forest, and building at the airfield, between airfield and Yellow jack.

It is only a description of what is appearing or not on my screen (not a critic). Going through the map a lot also. My textures are on normal, and I stopped all my other scripts (which were not or few causing that) so I don’t know if it is yours causing it.

Motel full of grasses and so on, ok

Human Lab is showing grasses and trees (base of the trunk) but they are levitating. they arrive between knees and belt of the standing PED

so I think the Dead or Alive works, at least part of it.
The Dead or Alive 2, I don’t see what/where they represents

Ah and I just found the highway also, at full speed on a bike with snow. The trees are more dense than the train in Paleto. Stopped my bike right away

Have you checked Legion Square and so on? The map was updated, I believe the Weed Farm (O’neils) I had to remove it due to some lag issues but will be re-added later. Also, Sandy shores is way different, check route 66, the airport , the PD and so on, the map is full of stuff

Little late to the post, but I think you overdid it with the amount of vehicles. Other than that, amazing work!

1 Like