Streaming carcols.ymt / vehshare.ytd?

Heya,
I was wondering if it were made possible to stream custom vehshare/carcols for some customisation, etc.

I believe vehshare was streamable two years ago or so, but not anymore, not sure about the carcols tho.

Would be cool to know if not do-able/possible and or why not.

Iā€™m assuming you mean carcols in the sense of ā€œoverriding ones for existing modelsā€, right?

correct

Iā€™m currently trying to replace the carcols.ymt found in update/update.rpf/x64/data/ and I canā€™t seem to get it to work via streaming, and I canā€™t find a proper data file type to use in the fxmanifest.lua. Is it not possible to stream that particular file from the server? Iā€™m trying to edit some licence plates for a friendā€™s server and the text doesnā€™t look right with the modified textures.

@baltushka from what I can tell the only way to stream textures to vehshare.ytd is this:

Personally I used the CreateRuntimeTextureFromImage() native instead of CreateRuntimeTextureFromDuiHandle() so I wouldnā€™t have to rely on an external image host.

Has anyone resolved this issue?

Nope. Still wondering why itā€™s not possible anymore. I recall being able to stream vehshare.ytd LONG ago. Is it due to something related to performance?

Some unrelated refactor for reliability that changed asset registration order, as game code loads vehshare at a very early stage, this is loaded before custom assets are registered now.

You can however replace assets from vehshare.#td with your own txd fine using REQUEST_STREAMED_TEXTURE_DICT (or a similar name) and ADD_REPLACE_TEXTURE, and itā€™s more efficient too as people wonā€™t have to download assets that you didnā€™t replace, this same trick also works for other common TXDs like graphics.#td though that one has a bit unusual an asset name (ā€˜platform:/textures/graphicsā€™ or so).

1 Like

This is indeed the method I have been using, however Iā€™m really sad there is no possibility to edit the carols.ymt to create addon license plates and only resort to replacing existing ones

This is the first time Iā€™ve seen this specific request - can you make a separate topic for this?

And post a link to it here, please and thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve seen several of them while searching the forum for instructions. Hereā€™s one such example, I believe there are a few more in that thread, along with a handful more in their own threads. Mainly people are trying to alter the colour and size/placement of the license plate text for the purpose of having another state/countryā€™s plates. Some even want to make ā€˜add-onā€™ plates and go past the default amount of plates. All this is possible via carcols.ymt to my knowledge.

Here.

1 Like

So if lets say there is wheels pack and its has vehshare file. So if I take all files from that vehshare which is not by stock in there and would do ADD_REPLACE_TEXTURE you think it would work?
-Problem is when I stream wheels its bad textures because you need to stream vehshare.ytd