[STANDALONE] kc-carseat

ezgif.com-optimize (1)

This script brings an immersive way to enter and interact with vehicles, allowing players to choose which seat they want to enter, just like in real life!

Don’t forget to :heart: this post if you liked this resource, it motivates me to keep coding for FiveM (But it’s mostly for my ego :drooling_face:)

This resource uses FiveM-checker, created to easily keep track of whether a resource needs to be updated!

Clementinise - Post 02 - Features

• Choose which seat to enter when approaching a vehicle
  • Pressing the specified key twice allows players to go to the seat on the other side from the current entered door
  • Compatible with both keyboard and controller inputs
  • Update Checker and changelog if a new update is found directly in the console on resource start, except if fivem-checker is installed and running on your server
  • Run at 0.00ms (0.00%) on idle and 0.01ms when inside a vehicle (Max reached is 0.02ms)
  • Highly optimized script to ensure minimal performance impact
  • Proper locale system with French and English language already included
  • If you run into any issue with this resource, just set ‘Config.Debug’ to true, it will print some debug logs in the client console. You can then send them on this post :+1:

kc-carseat is higly configurable:

• Config.FacingOnly Choose whether the seat selection only works when the player is facing the vehicle
  • Config.Distance Set the maximum distance from the vehicle for seat selection to work
  • Config.WaitForDoubleInput Set the time window for double input (in milliseconds) for switching seats
  • Config.Language Set the language variable that will be used for the locale system. For now, kc-carseat has translations in French and English (fr or en), but you can easily create your own translation!
  • Config.UpdateChecker Set to false if you don’t want to check for kc-carseat updates on start
  • Config.ChangeLog Set to false if you don’t want to display the changelog if a new version is found

KNOWN BUG :

• None

Clementinise - Post 03 - Previews

Coming Soon

Screenshot:

Coming Soon

Clementinise - Post 05a - Download

Download kc-carseat on Tebex

Drag the folder into your <server-data>/resources/ folder
Add this in your server.cfg:

start kc-carseat

If you have any suggestions I will be happy to hear them :wink:

9 Likes

Free releases: Releases that are released for free must contain a direct download and may not be Escrow protected, you may include a Tebex link but it may not be the only download.

1 Like

Why are you releasing this script if you can’t put it on github and you can’t do this according to FiveM TOS? This is sketchy. Why do you want to post it after a week on github?

And here is the same version of this script:

2 Likes

Oh my bad, the script isn’t escrow protected and I wanted to release it on GitHub a week later so I could easily keep track of first week downloads. I will release it on GitHub now, but the main download source will still be Tebex if it’s good :+1:

I explained why just above this message, also the script you send isn’t “the same version” but is the same concept :melting_face:

Thanks for the share Clementinise !

1 Like

I got it this morning from his tebex, and downloaded it through the link in the mail (not escrow protected)

Awesome share and thank you very much or this!

1 Like

tried in test city with qbcore and qbvehiclekeys.
not recommended

why is that ?

2 Likes

Can you elaborate? So I can work fixing the issue you seems to encounter :thinking:

There are bugs with 6 seaters where it doesnt move and vans as it doesnt let you get in the back

I haven’t thought about 6 seaters, thats my bad. I will fix it Wednesday!

1 Like

Looks really cool, thanks for this! I was wondering though, does this still allow for leaving the engine on or off depending on whether you held or tapped the enter/exit car key?

1 Like

Wdym? If you have a script that adds those functionnality then yes, this script only modifies entering the vehicle not leaving it

1 Like

That answers my question, thanks :+1:

Hello Wednesday!

I just got back from work :face_holding_back_tears: Will work on it after eating a bit!

1 Like

I have found the issue, and it was quite a dumb one. The update should be released tomorrow if I don’t have too much work to do :melting_face:

Also, I haven’t found any 6-seater vans, do you have any in mind?

EDIT: I’ve found a van that doesn’t have the handle on the back, gonna change the script to workaround this issue…

Update 1.1

Fix

• Entering any car should now work as expected (If any issues occur, please share the debug prints on this post)

Download

Client.lua

line 112 = unexpected symbol.