As some of you may remember, there was an ancient resource known as “spotifive”, which was a buggy and unfinished mess. I decided to rework it from the ground up into an entirely new system.
- Only need to pair once - once
/spotifive pairhas been ran on any server with this resource running, any new server you join will automatically have spotifive already paired
- Minimal server reliance - servers wont be flooded by api requests from users with it paired. This system uses NUI to perform its HTTP requests for everything except refreshing + generating the access tokens.
- New & clean spotifiy-like UI:
- Shows song on vehicle dashboards:
- Semi-adaptable system (exports are planned) - Implementing new features is relatively simple
The backend is currently private, as it is how the tokens are refreshed - i initially planned for this to not need a backend at all, but limitations with spotify meant i couldnt have this and keep cross-server compatability. Its a compromise more than a solution.
drop the resource in and run it. no configuration needed. do ensure it is named
please report any issues to me on the forums or my discord, as i expect there to be quite a few.
/spotifive pair - Opens a browser tab with the spotify authorization page. Simply accept and it will link
/spotifive unpair - Unlinks your spotify with fivem
/spotifive toggle - hides/shows the spotify UI at the bottom of the screen.
/spotifive move [x] [y] - moves the position of the spotify UI to the x and y position (between 0.0 and 1.0)
/spotifive move reset - resets the position of the spotify UI to the bottom of the screen.
initial pair will not work properly on a localhost server. this is because of how i handle oauth. however after this inital pair request. the regular refreshing + everything else will work fine. i wish i could change this but sadly i see no possible way to.
alongisde this, the resource must be named
spotifive so that the backend can locate it to send back the pair data.