[Release] Shots Fired Notification

Blurr Shots Fired
Notifies all police of shots fired and gives them a blip for the call.

[Features]

• Only detects shots by non police
  • Only notifies police or anyone who is inside a police car
  • Only notifies if there are any shots in built up areas
  • Has blacklisted weapons that do not notify

[Installation]

• Drop ‘blurr_shotsfired’ into resource folder
  • Add ‘blurr_shotsfired’ to start up in server config
  • Open cl_shotsfired to edit notification text
  • Add any addon police cars to ‘policeVehicles’
  • Check and blacklist any weapons you don’t want calls about

You can also add your own function to check if the player is an on duty cop, if you are using a custom cop script.

[Download]
V1.0 - Download
V1.1 - Download

[Bugs / Issues / Suggestions]
Notify me if you find any bugs or issues, even if you are able to fix youself. This way I can update it for anyone else. If you have any suggestions let me know and I will look into them!

[Updates]
V1.0 > V1.1 - Quick update

• Added towns outside the main city
  • Fixed slight issue with coords
21 Likes

Moved it for ya :wink:

Thank you, couldnt put it in releases

1 Like

I have added an update to the script!
[Updates]
V1.0 > V1.1 - Quick update

• Added towns outside the main city to detection
  • Fixed slight issue with coords

Does this work with all police scripts? I tested it as a civ with other officers online and they didn’t get a notification.

@Just_Emma89
Do you use a MP model with your police script? If you do then you will have to add to the CheckPolice function and check if they are a cop using the function you would usually use. For example check if they’re on duty as a cop. It should work no problem if you are using the normal cops skins. If its another cop shooting, it will not do the shots fired notification.

Edit: Also make sure you are in a built up area, or if on V1.0 make sure youre in the main city

10/10 Would Download Again.

hello do u know how to convert this to appear on the chat instead?

Isnt this just the outlaw script??? Hasnt this already been created?

@roboticgamer Instead of using drawNotification(), use

TriggerEvent("chatMessage", name, { 0, 0, 0 }, message) -- Message name, colour and message text
1 Like

I believe there are already other scripts that do this, this is my own version and ill be adding to it further.

Hi I love the script but the GPS markers that it puts down when the shoots are fired stay on my map the dont go away is this normal or am I doing something wrong Thanks in advance

They should delete, what player skin are you using?

Highway cop is the ped i am using, Which i think is ok as when i am in this ped and fire a weapon the alert does not happen, So is it that when you arrive at the point the marker deletes

Yes when you are police it will not create a notification. It will delete the blip when you arrive on scene (This part is client side so will only delete it for you).

How does the script ID a Law Enforcement Officer and know how to report/ not report shots fired? I’m assuming it checks for PED id?

Yes the players model and also they’ll get the report if they’re in a police vehicle (via car radio).

Isn’t there a way to not have to add areas? If you just remove the areas, will it show notification no matter where the shooting happened? Or is there a way to make it show no matter where?

Where it checks if it is in a city, delete that check

Does this also set a waypoint? Because that would be awesome!