[Release] PocceMod (fun menu with ropes!)

Is it possible to add a function to the rope to retract for a winch on offroad vehicles? Recently did a search on here for a winch type script doesn’t seem to be anything around but your’s seems pretty close.

I dont really do car model specific things in this mod, unless there is a generic way to tell if a car has a winch. Also it adds complexity because then I would have to introduce new hotkeys to control the rope (and rewrite rope handing in general).
You could just shoot a grappling ropegun from a car and that will do the job. By default you have to hold left shift and shoot the ropegun for grappling mode.

1 Like

oh great, so I can retract the rope as it is? That’s fine with me. I wasn’t exactly after a full on winch but mainly wanted the rope function to retract. Would also help with attaching myself to a trolley so my friend can tow me in a car (previously tried and the rope was too long and i fell out). What are the keys to operate the rope in “grappling mode”? Sorry if they are already displayed, I did do a search for controls on here but all i came up with was “delete” to free yourself. Thanks for the help :+1:

There isnt much control over the ropes. You can either spawn a normal rope that retains its length and a grappling rope that keeps getting shorter until it reaches a minimum size. The latter one can be spawned using ropegun and holding left shift key while shooting it. All other ropes (including the ones spawned from the menu) are normal ropes. I hope this helped.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation, it definitely helped. Thank you for the release too. I have already had a bunch of fun with it! If your open to suggestion… The main thing I would improve on is making the menu stay open until manually closed kinda like vmenu or give the ability to map a key to a controller with the option of a double input like rb + a or like vmenu where u hold the view button. I see you have already addressed the controller question previously so I understand it’s not easy. I am a newb to scripting and am lucky to modify scripts how i want them, I would have to learn a lot more to start one from scratch so please don’t let those picky suggestions outweigh the positives! Thanks again, the script has been great fun :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for getting back and I’m glad I could help!

Fixing the auto-closing of the menu is going to be really easy, since it’s actually meant to be a feature. I see now it isnt really useful :slight_smile:
The controller support is disabled because it overlaps with vMenu, so pressing the button would open both menus. It’s because they both use the same underlying MenuAPI library. I’ll take a look if I can change the trigger button, but for the next few days I will be busy so I have to postpone these improvements a bit.

Ps: I actually take a quick look and I’ll definitely have to modify MenuAPI, because the controller hotkey is hardcoded (here).

1 Like

No worries it’s the least I could do. No need to rush, you’ve already done enough lol. I’ll keep checking back every now and then for updates anyways. TBH I am falling victim to the free uplay+ trial this month so Gta probably won’t get as much attention as I try out all the aaa ubisoft titles. Already downloaded about 200gb today lol. Modding a server is somewhat addictive though so who knows… Latest failure sucks though, I wasted time learning how to mod and make scenarios on codewalker and then found out you can’t stream ymt files. I really should have checked that first lol. Hopefully FiveM will implement that at some point, that will be cool.

Lol, have fun!
I keep writing notes about improvement ideas (including yours) and I’ll get back to development in a week. Meanwhile you can try changing a thing or two in my mod, if you feel like it.
I think C# development is a lot easier than lua, because Visual Studio helps you a great deal, and if you manage to compile the mod, it is guaranteed to be syntax error free.

2 Likes

Do you think you might be able to add a vehicle winch? To be able to pull cars out of rivers for example.

Whombraider already asked that and it’s not so simple.
I’m trying to avoid hardcoding anything vehicle specifics (like which cars have winch and at what offset) at all costs, especially since I would have to support addon vehicles too. Also adding new controls for rope length would require rewriting most of the rope handling. It would also likely not work as intended, because the polling car would start sliding towards the pulled one, so fixing that adds further complexity. Figuring out one additional way of spawning rope (because menu spawning and ropegun dont work here) is also complicated.
There is too much to figure out for something that can already be done with grappling ropegun.

New release!
My gamepad wasnt at hand so I didnt test the new GamepadMenuKey config, but should be okay (thats what every developer says)

2 Likes

New release!
Added Jesus mode (and renamed aircraft horn to custom horn everywhere)

1 Like

Thank you for the updates

1 Like

New release!

Always great updates!

I threw it in, menu wont come up

New release!

New release!

i think that your mod is making the game crash for me and other people on my server any idea on how i could fix it? The main error that we get is the salami september florida

Make sure to use the latest release (even though it’s been a while since I updated the mod).
I dont know what salami september florida is, you have to ask FiveM developers about it.
It’s usually the ropes that make the game crash seemingly randomly, so try disabling everything rope related in the config and see if it works that way. Also if you use other mods with ropes, make sure to lower RopePoolSize in the config.
Sadly ropes are really buggy and FiveM devs didnt make it their priority to fix the issue.