[Release][NON-ELS] Luxart Vehicle Control w/ELS clicks and TA Pattern Control

Hello everyone,
Today I bring to you a super simple addition to Lt.Caines Luxart Vehicle Controls with Faction’s sound edits. My contribution to this script is the ability to switch the TA patterns on SoCalThero’s newest CHP/SAHP pack

I have to stress that not all cars/models are the same this was a collaborative effort with Thero as I brought up to him during his beta testing if it was possible to have all cars have a uniform extra structure for the TA bar and he graciously agreed. I hope in the future the script is able to be used by more and more models.

Controls : 1, 2, and 3 keys on the top row of Keyboard
1. Right to Left TA pattern (Passenger to Driver)
2. Center to Out TA pattern
3. Left to Right TA pattern (Driver to Passenger)
4. Toggle Scene Lighting (LAPD/LSPD Pack ONLY)

Installation: Drag and drop lux_vehcontrol folder into your resources

If you already have lux_vehcontrol and have changes open up the client.lua I provide and copy lines 461-489 into your client.lua within the “if not IsPauseMenuActive()” statement.
I realize the addition is very minimal but looking at the forums I’m sure there are people that want this and are either too lazy to code it or simply don’t have the coding experience.

DOWNLOAD v1 (CHP PACK ONLY) (39.5 KB)
DOWNLOAD v2 (CHP and LAPD PACK) (39.7 KB) SLICKTOPS BROKEN
DOWNLOAD v2.1 (CHP and LAPD PACK) (44.2 KB)
UPDATE: 3-27-2021 Added support for Thero’s LAPD/LSPD Pack.
UPDATE: 3-30-2021 Fixed Slicktops

CREDITS/ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
I tried to keep it as simple as possible and as I state my only contribution to this script is adding those four extra functions the rest of the script is all @Lt.Caine and @Faction 's work
Link to Original Script by @Lt.Caine
Link to Modified Script by @Faction

This release IS A MODIFICATION TO AN ORIGINAL SCRIPT!
Luxart Vehicle Control with added sounds by Faction. Luxart is a script for NON-ELS vehicles and originally made by @Lt.Caine ALL CREDIT TO THEM . My contribution to this script solely adds the ability to change the TA pattern on SPECIFIC VEHICLES (Thero’s CHP/SAHP pack)
Scene Lighting toggle is only available in Thero’s new LAPD based pack found here (Thero’s LAPD/LSPD pack)

**Please keep in mind @Lt.Caine is the original maker of [Release] Luxart Vehicle Control .

MODERATORS
If this post is considered to be against the Terms of Service for releases feel free to remove it.**

I will try and provide support but it’s a drag and drop resource if the keybinds conflict you can edit the client.lua with any keybind you want found in the FiveM keybind master list.

12 Likes

You should show some video examples so people actually know what you’re talking about

3 Likes

I am a vehicle modeler and I would love to know how to make cars that are comparable with this resource. If you could give more explanation on how the resource works and what is required of the vehicle model that would be great!

The new update just turns extras on & off!

I will upload a video as soon as I can, it’s really quite simple it simply changes the extra that is enabled on Thero’s car as I stated the keys 1 2 and 3 are each bound to an extra/pattern.

I am not too sure how Thero models but the way he set up his vehicles is so that certain extras had a different pattern than others. For example, extra 10 goes from the center out, extra 11 goes from passenger to driver, and extra 12 goes from driver to passenger. This is more of a modeling question and I’d much rather direct you to his post on his vehicles that use this system maybe in that thread he could help you more.

Yes! That is indeed how he setup his cars and what the script does! :smiley:

I figured it out. Thero simply grouped the TA Sirens into a group and made each group an extra, and AlphaDog you just Made Luxart where you can toggle Extras with a keybind (1,2, or 3)

Cool, Uses too many sirens for me, but I totally appreciate the work! :green_heart:

Great release. Thanks for this works really well.

Looks Good! :+1:

I know devs like XBR has done that before. Using extras to block/hide lights, ambers going different directions that can be controlled with extras. There could be a lot more than one car pack with this script

ok question… if i want to add other extras, would it look like this to add extra 9? not worried about the keybinding, moreless how to add more extras to other keys

– First thing
elseif IsControlJustPressed(1, 158) or IsDisabledControlJustPressed(1, 158) then
if IsVehicleExtraTurnedOn(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 9) then
else
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 12, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 11, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 10, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 9, false)
TriggerEvent(“lux_vehcontrol:ELSClick”, “On”, 0.5)
end

Yes, essentially whatever extras you are using for example extras 1 2 and 3 you would do
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 1, false)
to enable the extra

and then do
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 2, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 3, true)
to disable the ones that need to be disabled.

Awesome! Thank you!

so i tried to do the following

– First thing
elseif IsControlJustPressed(1, 158) or IsDisabledControlJustPressed(1, 158) then
if IsVehicleExtraTurnedOn(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 9) then
else
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 12, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 11, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 10, true)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 9, false)
end

for every extra, however only one extra at a time goes on… how do i make it so i can toggle each extra on and off separate? so i can have extras 1 2 3 on and 4 off or all them on

because like my cars have white flashing, and rear flashing and middle of the bar, i want to turn them on and off for different things

If I’m understanding you correctly you want to turn on multiple extras in that case with your example of extras 1 2 3 and 4 if you want the first three to turn on when “IsControlJustPRessed(1,158)” your code should look like this.

– First thing
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 1, false)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 2, false)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 3, false)
SetVehicleExtra(GetVehiclePedIsUsing(GetPlayerPed(-1), false), 4, true)
end

It’s basically backwards “false” is enabled and “true” is disabled the native basically set the “hidden” property so hidden = false means its enabled.

Wouldn’t it be much easier to just set it the same keys as the turn signals honestly who uses then - (Left) backspace (Break) = (Right)?

I did it this way for my server and felt like sharing the list on key binds is out there and the script is editable. In my eyes what you said isn’t easier for my player base so really it’s in the eyes of the beholder, but like I said it’s editable to each person’s taste :slight_smile:

Is their a way to make it different for each vehicle since some of my vehicles have different extras for different lights?

I’m sure you could do a check and copy the code using the GetEntityModel native.