[Release] K9 SCRIPT [WORKING] [NEW UPDATE] [FIXED]

Hello,

I have seen a lot of people looking for an updated version of the AI K9 script by @xander1998, so thought I would share it for everyone to use since the old version is unsupported.

[Updated by Burk] [All original coding credit to @xander1998] Updated Code @ToxicScripts

Original: [Release] K9 Script [Deprecated][Unsupported]

[NEW Update]
-Change Dogs Name Removed
-More Dogs Added
-Fixed Dog Biting
[Updated]
-New Menu lookLSRPC-K9.zip (797.7 KB)
-Dog biting Fixed
-Dog dying while getting out of an SUV Fixed
-You are able to toggle the dog getting in/out of the vehicle by pressing [Delete ]

IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE DOG BITING OTHER PEOPLE THIS IS BECAUSE A SCRIPT IS CONFLICTING FOR ME IT WAS A SCRIPT CALLED KEEPCLAM

26 Likes

Just edit your original k9 release with the update?

1 Like

Find making a new one gets it out their better

3 Likes

Nice Thx. Can you make permission so only cops can use the keys?

1 Like

the main idea is that you can make people around you find drugs by searching them.

I think you can add steam hex for permissions I let civs use it to makes for different roleplay

I dont use esx so its not made for that sorry, you can however edit the code your self or speak to t o x i c he may edit for you

@Me_Frank That’s just lovely and lots of fun, thank you.

My problem is, that the dog does not bite others, but none at all. He runs after suspects but that’s it, looks like he wants to play. :smiley:

Any help /suggestion? I use it together with FivePD.

remove the keepcalm script or an other clam ai script and try again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry I couldnt find this in the code (im probably blind.) . Where is the section where I can edit the key binds for the script?

1 Like

key bind for what?

Awesome Thanks for this release! How do you change the dog peds to resemble different ones with the vests?

If you wanted the German Shepard you would need the stream file it is available on fivem

All of the keys so I can change it from f1 and the same with the others…

1 Like

Keeps doing this:

SCRIPT ERROR: @K9/server.lua:10: attempt to index a nil value (global ‘K9Config’)

how do you add it in? I have tried reading the guy who made them but cant follow

Also now that I have put the new update in, the menu will not spawn at all idk what to do?

Thanks, already looking into it. [UPDATE] So I noticed now, that Rottweiler and Sheppard bite but not the Husky. Which is fine for me since it gives one alternatives.

Suggestion 1:

can you add the possibility that we can toggle F1 like “come, heel, search …”? It is quite time consuming to start the menu with /K9 and then click on search.

Suggestion 2

Can you add the possibility for the dog to get into the trunk of SUVs instead of getting in the passenger seat? Maybe a car list we can change since not all SUVs will work.

Suggestion 3

Instead of biting can the dog, when reaching a suspect (via F1 + aiming), “simply” trigger the suspect to surrender (stop running, raise hands, kneel down)? Of course this would only work with peds.

Suggestion 3a

Two alternatives for the dog attacking: 1. “Bite” order 2. “Stop suspect” order. <3 Could be done by aiming and F1 toggle.

Question:

In your client.lua, you write:

-- DO NOT CHANGE --
    local just_started = true
    local k9_name = "Dog"

But as you can see I changed the dog’s name here from ‘Default’ to ‘Dog’ (no problems). Before his name was “Default” when I called him etc. Did I miss something, is there another possibility to change it? Or is it a relic from an update “Change dog’s name removed”?

Maybe just maybe delete your download old link and replace it with a link to this one so people like me don’t have to download, install, and edit a broken version only to find out through the off chance of scrolling WAY down in the comments that you have released a newer fixed version.

4 Likes

Nice to see some life back into @xander1998 work :slight_smile:

Good Job :slight_smile:

1 Like