[Release] [Free] | [v2.0] StanceModifier [Javascript Edition] [Stealth, Crouch, Prone]

StanceModifier (Javascript Edition)

Credits

JediJosh920 for the original GTA V Mod | [GTA5-Mods]

TimothyDexter for the original CFX post | [cfx.re] [GitHub]

Contributors

Features

• Ability to go into stealth, crouch, and prone stance.
  • Ability to crawl on the stomach and on the back.
  • Mappable keys for players’ customizability.
  • Mappable keys to each stance directly for fast and quick stance changes.
  • Exports for external use.
  • Everything is synchronized… Everything that works… is synchronized :stuck_out_tongue: (refer to the issues section down below)

Installation

Download the latest release, extract the resource from the .zip, put the resource in the resources folder and rename it to StanceModifier, then add start StanceModifier to your server.cfg, and finally have fun :smile:

Controls & Defauly keybinds

• Next stance = LCTRL (MAPPABLE)

• Idle (normal) = UNMAPPED (MAPPABLE)

• Crouch = Z (MAPPABLE)

• Prone = X (MAPPABLE)

• Prone Flip = LSHIFT (MAPPABLE)

• Crawl Forward = W (UNMAPPABLE)

• Crawl Backward = S (UNMAPPABLE)

• Crawl Right = D (UNMAPPABLE)

• Crawl Left = A (UNMAPPABLE)

• Crawl Aim = Right Mouse (UNMAPPABLE)

Issues

• Snipers force 3rd person view due to (SCRIPTED_GUN_TASK_PLANE_WING). [has not been fixed]
  • Ped will be seen standing up while it’s aiming at prone. Fourthbeam [has not been fixed]

If you stumbled upon an issue or a bug; make sure to report it by creating an issue card

14 Likes

Awesome

The only good working stance modifier I’ve found, great job again!

@syltannnn,
I’m glad to know you’re enjoying it :smiley:

Hi,

The installation is pretty easy. Drop and go… But its not working for me and the only thing i get is this:

https://gyazo.com/2c7e94d354ab32f8d3c3b4f7d992915b

Yeah i have that same error as well.

@Max_Paramount @Dutchy30,

That error is produced due to not having anyone on the server.
but regardless, the server.js was removed because it doesn’t do anything, and now it should be updated on Github.

The error is gone. But it there a way that another script blocks this script? Because standing still and holding CTRL does nothing.

It’s not necessery CTRL, it’s whatever keybind you have for Ducking (Stealth Mode), if you can’t even go into Stealth Mode (Duck), then, there could be a resource that is disabling that specific key.

CTRL is the key that is used for ducking. So when i press ctrl i duck but nothing else happens when i hold the ctrl key.

Do you see any error in the server or client console?
Everything seems to be running on my end, I’ve reinstalled it on 3 servers, one of them is almost full and it’s working fine.

Great script however there’s an issue where, if you’re prone, your bullets don’t hit other people, then even once you tap X and stand up, you’re still bugged and bullets wont hit other player’s hitboxes correctly. They also can’t hit you. Also, if you’re prone and aim your gun, other people see you as standing up.

I’ve managed to see what you mean by

if you’re prone and aim your gun, other people see you as standing up.

and I’m working on a fix for it,
but what do you mean exactly by

if you’re prone, your bullets don’t hit other people, then even once you tap X and stand up, you’re still bugged and bullets wont hit other player’s hitboxes correctly. They also can’t hit you.

I believe it messes up hitboxes.

The hitboxes are fine I just tested it, but when you aim you’ll appear standing up on other’s screen and shooting your clone will not inflect the damage on you.
and I’m working on a fix for that…

4 Likes

Add a option for disabled controller if keyboard used

Did you fix tht?

yeah when you point a gun only you see the rolling ped and others see you on crouch so like you can shoot them. but for others you just crouching and not even pointing a gun so i guess theres something it need to be modified when pointing a gun shoulbe server sided its only client i know this is a very old post but its one of the coolest and since its not a dll i downloaded

anyone has a fix for it as to be server sided ?

To my knowledge, there isn’t anything you can do about it, because it’s just how the SCRIPTED_GUN_TASK_PLANE_WING animation works; until we can find another alternative it’s unfixable. :expressionless: