[Release] [ESX] DRP_RECREATION

This script is made for RP recreational usage, where you can rent a bike, or go basejumping/parachuting with your friends.

The script is build in a way where it’s “easy” to add new functionality if you know a bit of code, the config is build around the needs I had for this script, and to make it possible to customize a lot of aspects.

Bike Rental is done a bit different then other scripts, noticed a couple of threads where people asked for some sort of way to keep track, if the bike is returned or not, this script dos that, and I uses LUA tables, so no need for MySQL, you can even configure a multiplier to control how much more expensive a bike will be if they never returned the first one (The rental circle changes color, when you have a rented bike you have not returned)

Basejumping is very simple, you are given a parachute, launched in to the air (the parachute will self release) and then you can glide a long and have a fun time, includes a warning text, that it might cause injury or death, since we know parachutes can be a bit glitchy.

Note
If you want to disable either bike rental or basejumping you can do so in config.lua just make sure to set both of these to false, then that part will be turned off.

Enable = true, -- Enable/Disable Bike Rental
EnableBlips = true, -- Enable/Disable Map Markers
Enable = true, -- Enable/Disable Basejumping
EnableBlips = true, -- Enable/Disable Map Markers

Download
https://github.com/benzon/DRP_RECREATION/archive/1.1.zip

Github

Credits/Inspiration
esx_shops - Jérémie N’gadi & ElPumpo (Inspiration to some parts of the config file and marker detection code.

ESX Bike Rental v5 - @sheen (Inspiration to do a bike rental script, since it lacked some of the features i wanted)

Auto-Parachute - @Yadiiiig for the auto parachute release.

Basejumping - N3MTV and Frostyy (Inspiration to add basejumping, done in away that suites what i wanted better)

Video

Changelog
v1.1 - Fixed a minor issue with en.lua [‘dk’] replaced with [‘en’] thanks @XxFri3ndlyxX for catching that one!

Note
DrawDistance is set to a low value - i recommend changing it if you dont like that, the reason behind is i use a method to keep the ms usage low, so when you are not in rendering distance the script only checks if you are close to a marker every 500ms, this is done to gain better performance, no reason that it runs every tick.

11 Likes

Well done far

Very good script!

2 Likes

Very nice release!

I just tested this and it is awesome. Just a typo in the en.lua. It says [da] when it should be [en] but other than that number one. Thanks for the release ! Love it.

Thanks! Glad you liked it, just fixed the issue with the en.lua woops, i always forget that part.

1 Like

Name of this hud ?

1 Like

There is no name, since it’s only something we use our self currently, might be released ad somepoint.

Took me a few trial and error but i managed to add vehicle rental. :smiley: So now i can have all in one :stuck_out_tongue: Bike vehicle boat rental :smiley: Yesss Love this script so much.

sinds mand

Ye it’s very very flexible on that point, glad to hear you got all the things you wanted in to the script!

The version i am going to use on our own server, is changed abit to since i merged in some other things.

1 Like

I have this screen when accessing list

hey Clos, think you are using the very first version v 1.0 download v 1.1 there where a tiny fix in that.

Else check en.lua in locals and check that the first line says Locales[‘en’] = {

Very good release !
If you are interested by a french translation :

1/ Add this file to /locales folder :
fr.lua (650 Bytes)

2/ Replace the __resource.lua by this one:
__resource.lua (487 Bytes)

You can also edit item’s labels in config.lua between lines 29-35

Added translation to the github repo Dolu :slight_smile: thanks.

No problem!

when using a parachute, if pressing w or d the parachute breaks off. The fix I pushed just disables the control for the time being. But wondering where the issue could stem from.

The issue is parachute’s in FiveM aint stable, and if you disable w and d you cant controle direction speed etc. what i found out if you got a gun on you dont use a parachute.

It says this in my console

nui://esx_menu_default/html/js/app.js:69

but every other ESX script I have works just fine. Did I overlooked something? Everything seems to be updated.

Edit.: So, I’ve downloaded v1.2 instead of v1.1 (which has been still as first download link above). Now it works just fine, yeeeey!

Thank you!